Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Over the River and Through the Woods quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-over-river-through-woods-quilt-t250867.html)

pkelly1947 07-29-2014 09:43 AM

Lucky granddaughter. A treasure for sure.

misoop 07-29-2014 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo (Post 6822640)
So sorry to hear of your family's health issues. We, too, had our issues last summer: my back surgery in June; hub's emergency 5-bypass surgery in July; my 3 bypass/valve replacement in Aug and son's stent in Aug. Thankfully, we have recovered except for some back issues. Hope your husband's health continues to improve. Remember: take care of yourself while you both "recover". Will keep you in my prayers.e

Oh my, carolynjo....your 2013 sounds even worse. You know the old saying, "Just look around, you can always find someone worse off than you are." I can't imagine both of you being down with all these surgeries. But, I find that I can't take care of myself, for 24/7- taking care of him. At 79, he's not in very good shape, and I have to take every step he takes, for fear of his getting dizzy and falling AGAIN! I can feel myself breaking down mentally and physically, but with no family....what does one do? Thank you for your prayers from everyone on here~

matraina 07-29-2014 10:04 AM

I sure hope your husband recovers well from everything. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful!

quilter68 07-29-2014 10:25 AM

I was intrigued with your quilt and the embroidery. So I stood on my head and loved this quilt. It is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for posting. Good health wishes to your Hubby. My heart went out of whack last year but not that much. Surgery with a new cow valve fixed it. Again, I wish you energy and your hubby to get well.

Actually Thanks to the cow valve;....I am now 73!

nwm50 07-29-2014 11:56 AM

From the look of this beautiful quilt, could never imagine the hardship you've been thru this year!! Hope hubby is doing good and u keep on making those awesome quilts!!

charhend 07-29-2014 02:07 PM

I love your quilt. I am a fan of black and whites. Wonderful job. So sorry for every thing you are going thru. My hubby has dementia and my quilting helps to keep me sane!

mjhaess 07-29-2014 02:56 PM

Very nice...

rural01 07-29-2014 03:15 PM

So sorry your husband has been ill. I hope things turn around for him, and for you. This quilt is beautiful! I am so fond of the fabrics you used.

Taughtby Grandma 07-29-2014 04:28 PM

Great quilt. From the sounds of things you are about due for good news! Sending healing thoughts to your hubby.

Carol34446 07-29-2014 04:29 PM

So very sorry for your husbands poor health. A year ago Jan my DH had chemo for rectal CA. Couldn't have radiation do to radiation for prostate CA 10-12 years ago and our gastroenterologist (we have know almost 20 years) said no way to surgery (DH was 80 at the time) and so every three months he has a sigmoidoscopy and every 6 a CT to look for CA. He had vocal cord CA in 1998-99 and has had skin CA. removed 4 times. Thank heavens he has a strong heart and is still going strong, but it can wear a person down. You take care of your self, he needs you strong to look after him.