Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my quilting pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-quilting-pictures-t6788.html)

Izy 05-04-2008 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
Fantastic free motion work! And only your second attempt? I am impressed!

Thats just what I was thinking....theres hope for us all yet :D

Love the prairie points on your wallhanging too!!

lin 05-04-2008 07:11 AM

They're both really beautiful! And I love your freemotion quilting. I wish MY second attempt had been even a smidgeon as good as yours :D Keep up the really good work!!

Jaynie 05-04-2008 02:37 PM

Marie, what talent you have. Great color choices and beautiful quilts. Did you do the machine quilting yourself...if so "great job".

Maria C 05-04-2008 04:39 PM

Thanks for the pic of your frindship star. Nice job and of course I happen to like pink and blue too. I will get a photo of my one to show you soon. I did a machine quilting class a few months after I first learnt to quilt and it was the best thing I ever did as I can't afford to get it done professionally so it was do a class or never have a quilt finished. It was really inspiring and I recommend it to anyone. I was my most adventurous with the pink and blue quilt as I had not long done the class and I think it is probably the best I have done since as well. I need another shove to be more daring again.

barnbum 05-04-2008 04:46 PM

Maria-do you ahve any helpful hints you learned about machine quilting you'd like to share? I've never taken a class on anything having to do with sewing--so it takes me twice as long to figure everythng out. :roll: I am trying to follow a book this summer....

Maria C 05-05-2008 02:36 PM

My guild ran the class that I took and it was the only class I did for the following two years until the symposium came up. If you have a friend who does machine quilting get them to guide you one wet weekend day perhaps as seeing it done can help. When I did my class I hated my work. It really looked so unskilled but....I persevered and pulled out my test piece again a month or so down the track and thought it wasn't as bad as I remembered. Now I practice a new pattern briefly and then my quilt I am working on becomes my practice piece as it is the repitition that helps you improve. Really doing a pattern over and over does help you get better. I see every quilt as a practice of some sort - piecing or quilting etc. My friend told me that once. She said "why not have a finished project to demonstrate a skill you learnt instead of an entire lot of practice squares not particularly useful to anyone. So.....give it a go and persistence is probably the only way to improve. Good luck.

beachlady 05-05-2008 06:11 PM

Love both of your quilts ladies.

stay-at-home 05-05-2008 06:42 PM

Love the leaf stictching in the blocks. guess i'll try that.

stay-at-home 05-05-2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Extreme Quilter
All of them are really impressive! The blue one had the "wow" factor for me. Never stop quilting.

extreme quilter - I love the picture on your signature. I would love to see that up close. do post it please....

Pattyspugg 05-06-2008 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have finally finished a quilt for my grandson. It sure has been instructive. I have learned very many lessons. Here it is.