Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My quilts :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-quilts-t25233.html)

allisonirons 09-09-2009 04:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
aaand even more.

I love this picnic quilt. I made it for my mom over Memorial Day weekend. We sat in the sewing room all weekend and just chatted and laughed while I sewed this together and she pressed all the seams.

My mom used to read that book to us "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch and so I secretly quilted:
"I'll Love You Forever
I'll Like You For Always
As Long As I'm Living,
My Mommy You'll Be"

picnic quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46656[/ATTACH]

signed my quilt and wrote a description
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46657[/ATTACH]

i had a heck of a time figuring out the angles for this!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46658[/ATTACH]

allisonirons 09-09-2009 04:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
aaaaaand more !

birds and flowers rag quilt. This was my favorite by far because of that birds and flowers fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46596[/ATTACH]

Quilt for the end of our bed, now used to cover the dog's cage.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46604[/ATTACH]

pieced back, working my way through the quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46610[/ATTACH]

allisonirons 09-09-2009 04:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
if you can believe it... there's more. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed by how many I have completed in a year.

And now up to my latest quilt... the 1940's reproduction fabric quilt. I meant for this to be a modified coin quilt of sorts.... I really like how it turned out. I hope she likes it :)

baby quilt I made for DH's cousin's baby.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46438[/ATTACH]

1940's reproduction fabric by Moda... a wedding present for a girlfriend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46440[/ATTACH]

allisonirons 09-09-2009 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Justquilting
Very nice!!
The quilting is great!!
You sure you've only been quilting a year & a half????????? :shock:

Keep it up your doing great!! :D

yeah!!! Thank you :)

My husband and I moved to Wisconsin and I've stayed at home since... so I found something to do that filled my time... and I happened to loooooove it!

allisonirons 09-09-2009 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa T
Wow, you are amazing for only doing this a year and a half!!! I really like your sense of color. And your spiral quilting is so cool. I have not attempted that yet, and I have been quilting a lot longer than you- way to go!!!!

Experiment with little things like placemats! You'll gain confidence. Do you have a darning foot?

MollieSue 09-09-2009 05:13 AM

Wow!! I loved looking at all your quilts!!! And love your quilting!!! Thanks so much for posting them!!!! :D :D

allisonirons 09-09-2009 07:50 AM

thanks!

alimaui 09-09-2009 08:23 AM

I have say, these are beautiful, and help to inspire confidence in myself. I know one was hand quilted...were the rest machine quilted? Were they done on a long arm, or your regular machine?

Quilt4u 09-09-2009 08:26 AM

Wow!!!!!

allisonirons 09-09-2009 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by alimaui
I have say, these are beautiful, and help to inspire confidence in myself. I know one was hand quilted...were the rest machine quilted? Were they done on a long arm, or your regular machine?

my regular machine :P