Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my scrappy quilt... progress pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-scrappy-quilt-progress-pictures-t161713.html)

khurtdvm 10-22-2011 05:43 PM

Sounds like tons of fun!

Rhaorth 10-24-2011 01:44 PM

was hoping to get the rest cut out today, then start piecing... fate had a different plan for me.

a leak under the sink, has turned into a major mess... guys came to check for mold, now a couple of guys are here ripping out the cabinets, as they are water damaged, as well as possibly having to knock out part of the wall between the kitchen and living room... and looks like we will be needing new cabinets. so yeah... been dealing with that today. major mess

HOPEFULLY they will be done and get their drying machines set up so I can once again have the house to myself and get some cutting done.

SandyinZ4 10-24-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rhaorth
was hoping to get the rest cut out today, then start piecing... fate had a different plan for me...I can once again have the house to myself and get some cutting done.

Sounds like it was a big mess. I can't imagine there would be mold in AZ since it is so dry there but wet wood still would need to be replaced. Will keep watching for updates. Hope the rest of your week goes better.

Jennifer22206 10-24-2011 02:08 PM

That'll be a great quilt when you're done. I'm sorry about your mess in your kitchen.

Ghetohound 10-24-2011 02:13 PM

I love your ideal! I'm sure it will be beautiful!!!

Rhaorth 10-24-2011 09:09 PM

6 Attachment(s)
well finally got the strips cut, so now have started sewing them, but the machine keeps making this strange squeaking chirping sound, I got sewing machine oil, so I oiled the area behind the bobbin like the manual says to do, but it still chirps. So tomorrow I am switching back to the kenmore until I know what is up with this one.
(after the guys come to check on the drying process, had to have the kitchen cabinets, lower, ripped out due to water damage and mold. ugh... so now noisy machines drying it for 3 - 4 days!) You know I will be hiding in the other bedroom, working on this quilt!

550 scrappy strips tied up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276754[/ATTACH]

550 scrappy strips untied
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276755[/ATTACH]

550 scrappy strips loose on the bed, eventually this will be a quilt hehe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276756[/ATTACH]

scrappy quilt first stitch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276757[/ATTACH]

scrappy quilt, first two random strips!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276758[/ATTACH]

Rhaorth 10-24-2011 09:13 PM

there, that is all the pictures for now :) (sorry for picture overload)

craftyheart2 10-24-2011 10:32 PM

What a lot of cutting you did - will be great though - rail fence is excellent for using up bulk smallish pieces.
Will check back in to see your progress.

Rhaorth 10-24-2011 11:53 PM

crafty yep that was a lot of cutting. thank goodness that is done... will switch out machines tomorrow then get back to sewing.

need to look up info about the machine that keeps squeaking to see if there is another place to oil it I might be missing.

Rhaorth 10-26-2011 08:00 PM

no picture, but do have an update... I have paired all 550 pieces... now am pairing the pairs, and turning them into blocks.

all are set and seams pressed to the sides... 1 block has been completed.

either my measuring/cutting, or my seams, or both, are a bit off, these do not match up perfectly... but I am ok with that. my first quilt on a machine, cut with a rotary cutter... I am just happy for the experience/practice.

I will try to get a picture tomorrow