Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My second quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-second-quilt-t32796.html)

Janstar 01-01-2010 09:45 PM

Great looking quilt and keep trying to post pics.

amma 01-02-2010 12:32 AM

That is a very striking quilt!!! :D:D:D

bstanbro 01-02-2010 10:36 AM

I love the colors you chose and the pattern.

Pinkiris 01-02-2010 03:53 PM

You really have an eye for color. I'd love to see your sister's face when she opens the package! Bet she won't believe that you made it.

What motivated you to take up quilting?

Sue

Old man- New quilter 01-02-2010 04:15 PM

Actually, my wife had been doing it for about 13 years and I "tolerated" her hobby. Then, one day she was watching a Fons & Porter show that had "a guy" telling about his quilting methods ( turned out to be John Flynn ) and, behind them, on the wall was this quilt that 'struck' me. I had had a lot of sewing machine experience from being in the Navy for 21 years and, I told my sweet little wife that if she could find the "plans" for that quilt, I would make it...
It turned out to be a double wedding ring variation and she wouldn't let me start there. I had to make a 9 patch first. That was the baby quilt that I finished last year. The double W/R is the one that I'm trying to get a picture of to post here and I'm having a heck of a time getting that done. The picture I have is NOT actually my finished quilt but, an EQ6 layout that I wanted to share.

Old man- New quilter 01-02-2010 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Old man- New quilter

Actually, my wife had been doing it for about 13 years and I "tolerated" her hobby. Then, one day she was watching a Fons & Porter show that had "a guy" telling about his quilting methods ( turned out to be John Flynn ) and, behind them, on the wall was this quilt that 'struck' me. I had had a lot of sewing machine experience from being in the Navy for 21 years and, I told my sweet little wife that if she could find the "plans" for that quilt, I would make it...
It turned out to be a double wedding ring variation and she wouldn't let me start there. I had to make a 9 patch first. That was the baby quilt that I finished last year. The double W/R is the one that I'm trying to get a picture of to post here and I'm having a heck of a time getting that done. The picture I have is NOT actually my finished quilt but, an EQ6 layout that I wanted to share.

Old man- New quilter 01-02-2010 04:19 PM

n2scraplvr ....... PRAYER WORKS....... Thank you !!!!!!

n2scraplvr 01-02-2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Old man- New quilter
n2scraplvr ....... PRAYER WORKS....... Thank you !!!!!!

It sure does! And I just knew the Lord was going to answer my prayer for YOU!!! I so badly want to see your memory restored and I believe He will answer that too! I was so anxious to hear your response because I KNEW the Lord had answered my prayer so I kept checking back every single time there was an email on this topic!!! I hope your faith is improved too, thanks to the Lord for this!!! He's so GOOD, I'm in tears at all He does!!!!! While I'm at it, do you need anything else?? hahhahaha. I think He just might restore my memory while He's at it ~ I sure ain't gettin no younger~!! And, your welcome too!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Maksi 01-02-2010 05:11 PM

You did a great job!

Jingle 01-02-2010 07:48 PM

Gorgeous - such great colors and work !!! Welcome to the quilting world !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: