Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sewing room was used as dumping ground.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-room-used-dumping-ground-t85893.html)

bjnicholson 12-31-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaB
This can be one of our new resolutions, to try and keep our studio's clean and organized.

Studio? Oh, yeah...the dining room!!!

TX GMimi 12-31-2010 07:06 PM

I also need to clean the sewing room - just to see what I have waiting to be finished. I figured if it hadn't gotten done before Christmas, no one would miss it because they didn't know it was coming! :) So, where did I start to clean today? The linen closet in the bathroom! Yep, you read that right. So, I'm making baby steps, but not headed in the right direction!! Oh well, there's always tomorrow!!

Happy New Year to everyone!

quiltgrammyt2 12-31-2010 07:46 PM

LOL!! Looks like mine except I have some furniture I had to put in there to have room for the Christmas tree.
Went in today to find the UFO I want to work on tomorrow and thinking maybe I'll have to work on one that is closer to the door,(moved my sewing machine and cabinet to LR for the winter). :P
Hope all of us can get them clean before Easter when more company will come!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

watterstide 01-01-2011 03:50 AM

Husband got called into work this morning..looks like i will be back in there,plugging away! which is fine by me!

Sewslow 01-01-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
nothing to do with being brave! i am smart enough to know there are others out there like me! just not ashamed of it, it is part of my life! mess and clean up, mess and clean up! :thumbup: lol!

I tend to put things on a table too..stacked on my sewing table! yikees!
it is all good though! i will clean it up AGAIN and mess it up AGAIN!
we are all in this together.. :XD:

Brave or not, you made my day. Every time we have company coming, my room is the dumping ground and I have friends who want to see my projects or have me show them how to do something on the computer. DH says, "Just lock the door." Well, next time I'm going to -- before we start tidying up the rest of the house.

debbieumphress 01-01-2011 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I'm still trying to get around my room w/o jumping from spot to spot! lol

ROFL- At least you can jump and find an empty spot. I am working on mine starting monday. I decided to put it all in the hallway (thank God it is 75 ft long and 6ft wide) And putting it up as I take it in the room. I am putting fabric on the bolts I bought and the comic book boards for the smaller pieces. My goal is not to have to dig for a fabric. LOL. So glad she shared these pictures. LOL. Not me. :oops:

kriscraft99 01-01-2011 10:44 AM

we had a 4th of July gathering at my house this past year.. I hid so much stuff in my sewing room since I knew I wouldn't be using it - being that it was in the basement (which is a walkout) - several people wanted to go in there to change clothes before going to the lake. I was so embarrassed! They literally had to step over piles and stacks

watterstide 01-01-2011 11:44 AM

i am getting alot done! will post photos soon, :shock:

i gathered up some containers to use to sort.. :thumbup:

Nap Time! 8-)

skydiver70 01-01-2011 11:50 AM

Are you sure you didn't slip into my room and take that photo? No, I think mine is probably worse. Just put up a sign, "This room was clean yesterday, sorry you missed it!"

Debra Mc 01-01-2011 02:14 PM

Office Depot has some really neat clear boxes on sale for 7.50. Today last day. Regular 12.50. They are called everything boxes. Come in a lot of multi sizes. This one I got is about 17x 20 ?. Wanted it to put current projects in & one to hold embroidery CD's in. They are perfect. If you have a store near you & the time, they are super.