Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sewing rooms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-rooms-t40532.html)

Gramof6 03-25-2010 10:27 PM

I love your room and how you have it set up! It is gorgeous. Yep, I think it is a room that would so easy to be creative in. I'm happy for you that you have it. Thank You for sharing.

For those that have to have a bed in your sewing room? Toss it. Get an Aero Bed for when you need it. The new ones are very comfortable and are a good foot or more off of the ground. When deflated it rolls up & fits in a bag until needed again. Well worth it unless you need a bed often.

cgroark 03-26-2010 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by tslowery
Wow.....Do you quilt professionaly if not you sure have lots of expensive machines for hobby....wow it is beautiful

It's my hobby. Work is stressful and my machines are my stress relief. Problems just fade away when I can sit or stand at one of those machines. I have only had the long-arm since September - still learning to use it but I love it. I make quilts for myself and family and friends. Have several requests - they pay for fabric and I sew.

cgroark 03-26-2010 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I love your room and how you have it set up! It is gorgeous. Yep, I think it is a room that would so easy to be creative in. I'm happy for you that you have it. Thank You for sharing.

For those that have to have a bed in your sewing room? Toss it. Get an Aero Bed for when you need it. The new ones are very comfortable and are a good foot or more off of the ground. When deflated it rolls up & fits in a bag until needed again. Well worth it unless you need a bed often.

I agree. We have used one when we have numerous guests and they have commented that the bed was very comfortable.

cgroark 03-26-2010 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by SUSAN
my gosh---what a wonderful space you have!! do you teach? Looks like you have plenty of everything to keep you busy. I hope one day to show my new sewing room. It will happen this year---it's a 400 Sq ft shop out back. :)

Can't wait to see it. I love looking at quilters/sewers' rooms which is why I shared mine.

cgroark 03-26-2010 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by disneygal2000
WOW. Somebody must really love you....does he have a brother? LOL

Two - both married and both spoil their wives also. Believe me, I am aware of how lucky I am.

quilterb 03-26-2010 05:07 AM

Beautiful room, I really like it.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-26-2010 02:24 PM

wow, both are great.

Boston1954 03-26-2010 02:33 PM

You are so lucky. I thought I was doing well to have a nice little space at the end of my bedroom. That is just wonderful that you have an extra room. Now we will all want two rooms. :lol:

RuthiesRetreat3 03-26-2010 06:30 PM

Now I am REALLY jealous. Awesome.

starlight 03-27-2010 03:43 AM

I love the lighting I only have two small windows one on each end. Wish that I had the storage that you have. DH is working on a sewing table for me, I can't wait!!