Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sewing rooms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-rooms-t40532.html)

littlehud 03-27-2010 08:25 PM

What great rooms. I would love to have at least one of them. Can I come over and play. :-D

BeSue 03-27-2010 08:38 PM

Love your rooms. I noticed you live in North Fla what town I live in Marianna.

baubo1234 03-28-2010 12:11 AM

love the space you have. i wonder why your machines are tilted at an angle, are they made to sit that way? My sister in law has a block of wood under hers to tilt, can't figure out what the purpose is?

Kindergartenquilter 03-28-2010 04:12 AM

I am so jealous! What a great place to work. The natural light is fabulous. My sewing room is in a sun porch and I have the natual lighting too. I just don't have any of the rest of the tasty gadgets that you have!

cgroark 03-28-2010 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by baubo1234
love the space you have. i wonder why your machines are tilted at an angle, are they made to sit that way? My sister in law has a block of wood under hers to tilt, can't figure out what the purpose is?

For me, it helps with neckache/backache. I have to force myself to get up and move around, thus I keep the ironing board away so that I have to get up to go to it. I used to have cutting table and ironing board so that all I had to do was turn my chair to get to them.

cgroark 03-28-2010 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by BeSue
Love your rooms. I noticed you live in North Fla what town I live in Marianna.

Orange Park, just south of Jacksonville.

cherrybsixty 03-28-2010 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by cgroark

Originally Posted by baubo1234

For me, it helps with neckache/backache. I have to force myself to get up and move around, thus I keep the ironing board away so that I have to get up to go to it. I used to have cutting table and ironing board so that all I had to do was turn my chair to get to them.

Thanks for answering that question, because I also noticed that and it all make sense and thanks for sharing. I too love sewing room shares.

zz-pd 03-28-2010 06:10 PM

that is one beautiful room. thank you for sharing. Penny

MaryAnna 03-30-2010 02:22 PM

wow, I'm still drooling! I love both rooms! Very well laid out and what wonderful natural lighting! I'm an empty nester with 1 son moving back in to finish his college education (hopefully), which is a good thing....so my small sewing room/guest room will be his room and my sewing stuff moves into my bedroom. No problem, I've sewn on the dining room table for many years, if we have the desire to sew/quilt, we'll find a way.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

shopbelt 03-30-2010 02:30 PM

I think I hate you.... They are beautiful! Lots of room to enjoy and hopefully teach others - yes?