Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Spiral Circle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-spiral-circle-t68148.html)

ddwgram 10-03-2010 08:21 PM

Thanks for sharing your picture and the instructions you did an awesome job!

Bobbinchick 10-03-2010 08:37 PM

I have both the 9 degree ruler and the 10 degree ruler with the extension. you should be able to use the 9 degree ruler for some of these projects too. Huggies, Fay...Oh I figured out why my mini spiral center volcanoed on me, it's because I didn't cut 9 little spiral , I only cut 8 and got the dreded volcano effect so tomorrow I will cut one out again and maybe applique' it over the black center and that will really make it show off. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Great idea. Well gotta take a shower and go to bed. Good night

dglvr 10-03-2010 08:44 PM

Very nice. Your talented. Love it. :thumbup:

Jim's Gem 10-03-2010 08:49 PM

Very pretty!

Bobbinchick 10-03-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ibeesewin
This is so Cool....I love it :thumbup: :thumbup:
I am heading over to soft expressions to check out the book.
I think it would make a neat pillow if you could find a form big enough. I never have luck stuffing my own, they end up lumpy.

It's the book with the round black quilt with the butterfly on it , now some where on that site they have a combo where you can get the 10 degreeruler with extension along with the book. That is what I got and one good idea too is that if you wanted to make a floor cushion, you can buy foam by the yard at the Joann fabrics and cut a big circle and make the quilt and put in a zipper so you can take out the foam when you wash it. Lots of ideas comming to mind now. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Huggies, Fay

caquiltingdeb 10-03-2010 09:19 PM

I love that quilt! I see you are from Pt. Angeles, my in-laws live there. Beautiful area.

Fayelh 10-03-2010 09:22 PM

WOW !!!

Bobbinchick 10-03-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by caquiltingdeb
I love that quilt! I see you are from Pt. Angeles, my in-laws live there. Beautiful area.

Yeppers, it's nice over here. What part of Port Angeles are you inlaws in? I live on Peabody street across the street from the Senior Center. I can walk to town and the beach from where I live and bus fare is cheap also, but the Quilted Strait moved to Port Gamble. We were over there about a week ago or so and I bought some varigated thread in fall colors to quilt my bargello that I made. I still have to finish that and a couple of Christmas table runners yet along with this quilt. I have some black fabric and I'm guessing that I will do some applique' on the black boarders and see how that will look. I guess I'll make it inot a lap quilt. Every one take care and have a great night. Time for me to hit the sack, HUggies, Fay

quilterella 10-03-2010 11:54 PM

Beautiful job! Is the pattern called Circle of Illusions? I did one about 5 years ago as a dare...it measured 118" x 120". I appliqued graduating sized hummingbirds and morning glories to mine. I must get DH to take a picture so I can post it. Anyway, you did a great job, congratulations!

Sewze 10-04-2010 01:36 AM

Beautiful quilt top for whatever purpose you choose to use it. Great job and thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing how you finish it off.