Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My tube quilt "Jewels in the Garden" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-tube-quilt-jewels-garden-t171015.html)

TanyaL 12-05-2011 10:29 AM

When you see the quilt in your friend's room let us know how it went with her color scheme. I am particularly interested in how your light color fit in as I have a similar problem coming up and am debating on whether or not to include a light color or to have only dark and medium jewel tones. I think your quilt is quite nice and I certainly hope your friend enjoys it and uses it. I think it is a lovely gesture of friendship and you are very thoughtful and kind to make it.

suebee 12-05-2011 10:47 AM

Im not sure what you dont like about it, but I'll bet you a millions bucks they are going to LOVE THIS QUILT!! Its beautiful. And by the way, you have just inspired me to make my labels this way. I love it! GREAT JOB ON THE WHOLE THING!

himnherr 12-05-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 4753598)
Im not sure what you dont like about it, but I'll bet you a millions bucks they are going to LOVE THIS QUILT!! Its beautiful. And by the way, you have just inspired me to make my labels this way. I love it! GREAT JOB ON THE WHOLE THING!

Thanks for the praise on the label! I really enjoy doing them this way. I have done them on the computer with printing on fabric, but I'm always afraid they won't last, so this is the 2nd one like this I've done. I do like the personal touch.

himnherr 12-05-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL (Post 4753559)
When you see the quilt in your friend's room let us know how it went with her color scheme. I am particularly interested in how your light color fit in as I have a similar problem coming up and am debating on whether or not to include a light color or to have only dark and medium jewel tones. I think your quilt is quite nice and I certainly hope your friend enjoys it and uses it. I think it is a lovely gesture of friendship and you are very thoughtful and kind to make it.

I tried using a dark green and a medium burgundy with the floral, but it was too blah, even though both of those colors are in the floral and at the store they looked fine together, but in this square it just needed something to make it pop, so I went with the purple and yellow. I do wonder if I am anywhere close to her real colors. haha! Either way, she will love it, though, I am sure.

DonnaB 12-05-2011 11:03 AM

Very nice quilt, your friend will love it and appreciate the kind jester. I hope to make one of these soon, and hope I will like the process.

QuiltnLady1 12-05-2011 11:10 AM

Very nice quilt!! I know how hard it is to make something outside of your comfort zone and you did a great job!

nannyrick 12-05-2011 11:40 AM

I just love it. You did a wonderful job.

GreatStarter 12-05-2011 11:51 AM

It looks like it is just perfect for their living room colors. Thanks for sharing.

Kat

Buzzy Bee 12-05-2011 11:55 AM

It is beautiful !!!!! They will love it !!!!

Grandma Peg 12-05-2011 12:14 PM

Very beautiful quilt and label.