Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My turn to hit the jackpot!! Woohoo! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-turn-hit-jackpot-woohoo-t65185.html)

Yarn or Fabric 09-17-2010 12:17 PM

Janice, fluff is fiberfill lol. I call it fluff.
I go through a lot of fluff in my designs. I just bought 3 boxes of it at 53% off so I'll be set for about a half year or so... I bought the big 5 pound boxes...

I was going to go back there today - but a friend of mine called and said she was sad - she went to the library and the person there wouldn't let her look through the books... they said the woman just dropped off another box of them and they need to be priced and for her to come back on Monday... I might need to take an early afternoon venture over there Monday after getting cleaned up. :D

I still can't believe I was able to get these. I don't happen upon super awesome deals often - and this one was the jackpot for me!

There were just soooo many to pick from!

Lynneander 09-17-2010 12:52 PM

I can only imagine the beautiful pieces you are going to create!

ToucanSam 09-17-2010 12:55 PM

Great find!!!!!!!!!!!

And, just for fun, check the price of Rotary Magic on ebay, if they have one listed. Last time I saw, it was about 50 bucks. (Fortunately for me, I had a copy!)

:)

Mariposa 09-17-2010 01:09 PM

Great find! Keep you reading for a bit!

Yarn or Fabric 09-17-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ToucanSam
Great find!!!!!!!!!!!

And, just for fun, check the price of Rotary Magic on ebay, if they have one listed. Last time I saw, it was about 50 bucks. (Fortunately for me, I had a copy!)

:)

Oh no way!! I did check - and there's a few listings for it - ranging from $22 to $46 Ouch!

I told hubby that I should buy them all and resell them on Ebay... I could turn $100 in to $1000 easily I'm sure. There were some pretty awesome books there - although all the ones on making quilted vests and jackets I could seriously do without lol.

littlehud 09-17-2010 01:28 PM

Wow, what a find. You sure did hit a jackpot. What a lucky trip to the library.

brookemarie19 09-17-2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
You should buy them all and sell us the ones you don't need....it will benefit your library and give you enough $$ to buy your fluff!!!!

I second that!! Great find!

lizzy 09-17-2010 02:46 PM

I would be giddy also. Great Find. :lol:

sandilee 09-17-2010 02:58 PM

Congratulaions on your bargain. I received a phone call today from my sister who still lives in our hometown in central Illinois. An old family friend of ours, in fact she is like my second mother is in her 80's and going to a retirement home. She cleaned out her house and came across books of quilting and crocheting. She called my sister and she went after them.

Sis kept the corchet books as I don't do that and she does and she said I have a medium size box of quilting magazines/books.....some are old ones. I can't wait to get them!

pookie ookie 09-17-2010 02:59 PM

Wow. I can't tell you how many library sales I've been to and I've never seen a single sewing book. Not one. You hit the motherload.