Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Myr organized messy sewing room where I did my Farmer's wife sampler quilt and stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/myr-organized-messy-sewing-room-where-i-did-my-farmers-wife-sampler-quilt-stash-t147276.html)

Melinda in Tulsa 08-23-2011 09:12 AM

OMG, I have that exact same sewing table your hubby's machine is on! I bought it at JC Penny's about 35 years ago!
It is set up in my sewing room with an extra machine on it. I use a 6 ft heavy duty banquet table now adays since my machine has a plexiglass extension. This is the only other one that I have seen!

Maggiesmom 08-23-2011 09:52 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a massive stash. Need to share this with my DH too.

Marvel 08-23-2011 10:28 AM

I would love to visit and sew in a room like that. I sew every day. I too have bookcases full of quilting books. I have so many and read so many times I can find a pattern so fast. LOL I think it great he shares your love of sewing. I will look up the farmers wife block as I do not know this one.

Marvel 08-23-2011 10:29 AM

I would love to visit and sew in a room like that. I sew every day. I too have bookcases full of quilting books. I have so many and read so many times I can find a pattern so fast. LOL I think it great he shares your love of sewing. I will look up the farmers wife block as I do not know this one.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-23-2011 10:52 AM

Its a QB group FWSQ that has completed the 111 blocks this week in BOM section. Laurie Asron Hird produced the book The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt that we followed. I never would have finished without the encouragement of Anne and the others who published their blocks here every Wednesday. Through trial and err, I have finished the blocks, now to complete the sashings and king sized quilt. Many have posted on the QB BOM site. All are so beautiful; its impossible for me to chose a favorite one.

dixiebelle162002 08-23-2011 11:01 AM

I would feel right at home except my husband doesnt sew (I wish he did) Now I don't feel so badly that my room is so "well loved". I like that expression.

Jo M 08-23-2011 11:06 AM

Yep, I'd like to help go through all of that stash too. Mine is a baby stash next to yours. So nice that you & DH share the space.

Originally Posted by 4EVERquilt
Man!! I would have a wonderful time going through that stash. I saw a bucket up there that said bird fabric. I love bird fabric. If you ever want to sell some let me know.
You have a huge selection of stuff.

Jabear617 08-23-2011 12:02 PM

I don't know how I would feel about sharing my sewing room with my hubby. He does help me when I need him to but I kind of feel like this is my space and I am not ready to share it. I would love to go into your sewing room and check out all of your fabric:) Very interesting:) Thanks for taking the time to show us:) I love looking at all your stash:):):)

moonwork42029 08-23-2011 12:08 PM

OOOOHHH would love to go through your bookcase #2 with the paper piecing books...drooling :)

blueangel 08-23-2011 12:16 PM

Nice stash.