Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

Quilter7x 02-27-2010 07:58 PM

Thank you my dear. What's sad to me is that I have everything I need to do this, just haven't actually done it yet. I'm so looking forward to getting a good night's sleep and starting on this tomorrow!

MaryAnna 02-27-2010 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Thank you my dear. What's sad to me is that I have everything I need to do this, just haven't actually done it yet. I'm so looking forward to getting a good night's sleep and starting on this tomorrow!

tomorrow is another day! catch some zzzz's and you'll be Wonder Woman tomorrow and knock out all 3 rows! I'm optimistic!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

Lockeb 02-27-2010 08:03 PM

Yes, everying will be doing Snowflakes, Hearts and Shamrocks tomorrow.....we all have time - there's no limit - please don't anyone get discouraged....we can all catch up....
HUGS, HUGS, HUGS....

neoma 02-27-2010 08:40 PM

Just finished Snowflakes,turned out fine.You all have to take my word for it cause I am not able to post pics.My reds are hiding somewhere so I cant cut-um.Just printed March,love the Shamrock................neoma

sewjoyce 02-28-2010 06:38 AM

Thanks for posting the March block link. This is going to be the cutest quilt -- everyone's rows look so good!!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-28-2010 06:46 AM

At least March looks fairly doable.

Lockeb 02-28-2010 02:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I must say that the March row was just as much fun as January and February...I just completed mine - here's a couple of photos.....I also want to share with you something that I decided to do...

This month's directions don't say anything about adding the shamrock row to the other rows but I've decided to keep adding them as per January and February - with a 1" strip....

HINT: I found out that it is best to press your seems for the 1" strips towards the 1" strip - if you do the other way I find that it gives a puckering in the 1" strip - for me anyways....

For the stem of the shamrock, I decided to paper piece this one.....I just simly made a 2 1/2" square.....draw a line diagonally from one corder to the other and then draw another line a little less than 1/4 on each side of this one - use these lines for your sewing lines - works like a charm..and makes up so quickly - certainly faster than applique.

I also added a 1" strip to the top of my snowflakes to finish that off..and I went ahead and added a 1" strip to the bottom of my shamrocks so now I'm all ready for the Aril row...

Looking forward to hearing how you are all doing!

Hugs,

Bill

shopbelt 02-28-2010 02:12 PM

Nope, I hadn't seen this yet, but it looks like fun.

Lockeb 02-28-2010 02:14 PM

Hi Shopbelt..it is a lot of fun - you should join in - you'll find the link to the Mystery quilt on Page 1...there's a new row each month - and well, at the end of 2010 - we'll have a great quilt top - that we can turn into a fun project......

Quilter7x 02-28-2010 03:23 PM

It's not even March yet Billy, and you're ready to do April's blocks? :roll: