Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

gaigai 02-26-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lockeb
Heh, MaryAnna,
If I knew there was enough interest - I would so orgainze a retreat....SERIOUSLY!!!! What a blast we would have - a Montreal tour, visit the Quilt shops.....etc....let's not forget the quilt sessions, sewing and all that fun stuff........Who wants to come?????? :-)

ME! ME! ME! Since so much of my genealogy leads back to Montreal (I even have a photo of the altar of Notre Dame on my wall) I've been dying to get there!!

Here's a fun fact (at least for me): I am a direct descendant of the first Irishman in Quebec!

daisyboo9 02-26-2010 06:23 AM

Heh, MaryAnna,
If I knew there was enough interest - I would so orgainze a retreat....SERIOUSLY!!!! What a blast we would have - a Montreal tour, visit the Quilt shops.....etc....let's not forget the quilt sessions, sewing and all that fun stuff........Who wants to come?????? :-)

I have already said that I am in....Seriously, I think it would be a blast too...I am just waiting for all the details to start booking and planning on my end.

ligia 02-26-2010 07:32 AM

I also said it before.
IŽll be in Houston for the Festival in Nov.,
wouldn't it be wonderful to visit Montreal ? :D
Not exactly around the corner thou ... :shock:

:thumbup:

Quilter7x 02-26-2010 08:31 AM

Heh, MaryAnna,

OMG, I would love to come. Do you know how long it takes you to drive to Boston, MA or Keene, NH? I could guage a driving time based on those locations. I would prefer to drive so I can bring my machine and tools. Do you need a passport to go from the USA to Canada? If yes, I would have to get one.

Quilter7x 02-26-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ligia
I also said it before.

hehe, not exactly around the corner! :lol:

MaryAnna 02-26-2010 08:51 AM

Heh, MaryAnna,

I'm in! I've always wanted to visit Montreal and other parts of Canada! I've been in love with Canada from afar. Try to plan a shorter version of the trips advertised in the quilt magazines, most of those are 7 days or more. I can do 4 days, perferrably over a weekend. Friday through Monday or something like that. Most of the tours I've seen advertised offer a tour of the country with a slant on quilting & fabrics. Maybe 1 small quilt class with an inspirational speaker, etc. a tour of the quilt shops, tour of Montreal, any museum's that feature historical textiles/quilts, etc. Do some 'rough' planning and let us know. If there's a group of us, we might be able to get reduced hotel prices, etc.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

gaigai 02-26-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by ligia
I also said it before.

Uh, Ligia, Houston is almost as far from Montreal as Los Angeles is from Hawaii.

Bevanger 02-26-2010 11:06 AM

thats gonna be so pretty

ligia 02-26-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Uh, Ligia, Houston is almost as far from Montreal as Los Angeles is from Hawaii.

Sure, Houston is midway from here to Montreal !
Living south as I am anywhere is far away .. ;-)

Quilt Mom 02-26-2010 12:16 PM

I think passports are needed to go from US to Canada, so I'd best get on the stick. It sounds like fun! Now to see how that fits in the schedule...