Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

wildyard 05-02-2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna

Originally Posted by wildyard
Yayyyyyyyyyy, I'm finally caught up, and it's only April 30th. LOL. So here are the pics of my April row. And of the 4 rows together. I haven't sewn all 4 together yet as I'm not sure how I'm going to go at the quilting. I might try the sectional quilting on this.
I tried to represent the spring grass with the green and white band, and my favorite daffodil, called Ice Follies, with the yellow and white check band which also picks up the center of the squares.

Wow Wildyarad! Yours is looking fabulous! I love all the extra blocks you've added. I'm going to quilt mine in sections as well. I've put Jan - April together, then the next 4 months, etc. I'll quilt in sections.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

That's good to know as I've never done that before so I can ask you for help when I get confused. Smilesss.

wildyard 05-02-2010 07:49 PM

Sharon, I love your rows too, they are looking great. I like the way you turned your shamrocks too. How come we aren't seeing more postings. There must be almost 90 of us now.. let's see some photos folks!!!

joy 05-02-2010 10:27 PM

Sorry about that but I have done one of the very first ones and because it is so fiddly I am going to finish that row last... starting the next one in a couple or so days... busy week ahead of me.

roseOfsharon 05-03-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Sharon, I love your rows too, they are looking great. I like the way you turned your shamrocks too. How come we aren't seeing more postings. There must be almost 90 of us now.. let's see some photos folks!!!

Thank you, Wildyard :) Now to get to working on the May blocks! Deciding on color... well I will be looking for floral prints thinking for the colors! And I am not sure of the yellow/gold look.. so will see what I can do with that one!

Have a good day,

Sharon

theresse 05-04-2010 02:44 PM

Lockeb I have down loaded all the patt-, but my problem is I don't know if I have enough backing fabric. I'll go check see what I can come up with. I read up to pg 2. I still have to check the thread to see what is happing. Theresse

Nanjun 05-04-2010 04:40 PM

I am wondering if I can make a smaller size as crib size?

BKinCO 05-04-2010 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nanjun
I am wondering if I can make a smaller size as crib size?

I think it says that each row should be 36 1/2 inches finished, and each block is 4x4 so I'm thinking it's going to be around 37 x 48-ish without the border and binding....

Don't know if this helps, but it doesn't seem if it will be that much larger than crib sized anyway...

Nanjun 05-04-2010 05:21 PM

Thanks BK sounds about right.

JudyG 05-06-2010 12:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got my May flowers done. This was a pretty simple one to do, thank heavens. I didn't realize it until today that I haven't done March's yet, so need to get busy on that. I can't believe I'm the first to get these done.

Judy

Half of Flowers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47814[/ATTACH]

Second half of flowers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47815[/ATTACH]

Nanjun 05-06-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Got my May flowers done. This was a pretty simple one to do, thank heavens. I didn't realize it until today that I haven't done March's yet, so need to get busy on that. I can't believe I'm the first to get these done.

Judy

Your May flowers are very pretty and well done. Gives me an idea of what I should do.