Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

roseOfsharon 04-12-2010 08:35 PM

OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!

MaryAnna 04-12-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!

The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
PS. Thanks for all your kind words!

Lockeb 04-13-2010 03:04 PM

BEAUTIFUL Mary Anna!!!!!!!!!!

roseOfsharon 04-13-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna

The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

Please don't tell me they are as difficult as the snowflakes were! lol I feel a headache coming on...

wildyard 04-13-2010 03:41 PM

I am celebrating getting all my pieces for the first 4 months finally cut out!!! Tomorrow I start sewing them together!! Yayyyyyy!!!!! I went all out and doubled the size since I found a nice king size sheet set to use for the neutral background and the backing.
I got very clever and cut strips the width of one of the king size flat sheets in the size of each square I needed. Then I just cut off as many squares of each size for that month, and saved the rest of the strip for the next time a month calls for that size square. When a lot of one size square is needed, I cut several strips. This sure made my background piece cutting go a lot faster.

MaryAnna 04-13-2010 04:28 PM

Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

Please don't tell me they are as difficult as the snowflakes were! lol I feel a headache coming on...

Ok, I won't tell you they are as difficult......but you'll need a glass of wine after you complete your row....trust me on that one...., it was fun though but it did take longer for me to do April's row than it did to do January's row. but it might just be easy as pie for you!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

roseOfsharon 04-14-2010 05:48 PM

Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

Ok, I won't tell you they are as difficult......but you'll need a glass of wine after you complete your row....trust me on that one...., it was fun though but it did take longer for me to do April's row than it did to do January's row. but it might just be easy as pie for you!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

I can only hope I can get through them without too much wine! lol I did cut them out today and placed one on a mat to see how it looked and it is going to be (it appears) 5" lol says supposed to be 4 1/2" once I sew one I will see what it really measures out to.

Ohhh easy as pie .. pleeezzzeeee :)

Sharon

Leann 04-14-2010 05:59 PM

I've been saving the clues, does that count? You have me all inspired to get started!

Your piecing is very exact.

Lockeb 04-15-2010 03:11 AM

Leann,
You are almost there :-)

Sharon and MaryAnna,
Yes, April was longer for me as well..and my blocks only came out to be about 4" - so I had to make an extra one to kind of fill in my row - not sure what happened :-)

JudyG 04-15-2010 06:35 AM

Make sure you use a scant 1/4" seam. I actually bought a new foot for my Brother machine which has a guide on the side and, thankfully, it is very precise, so my blocks came out at 4-1/2. The inside block, before adding the background fabric I trimmed to 3-3/3" and then when the background was added, they were 4-1/2. I couldn't believe how well they turned out.