Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

roseOfsharon 04-08-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lockeb
WildYard,
I also want a larger quilt than this - what I decided to do is continue to make this one as the center panel and then using borders, I'll turn this into the size I want..perhaps can add some other smaller blocks into the borders, etc....
For each row, I am taking all of my leftover pieces and putting them into a little storage box that I have for this project....with these pieces, I am hoping to incorporate the various colors of the quilt into a border, or prairie points or something....and that way the colors will all carry though - using some larger pieces for the main borders.....just an idea!

Cool Bill, that is a very good idea! I was thinking of it's being small as well. Maybe I too can do something like that at the end of the project! Woot another segment to the mystery...

Sharon

roseOfsharon 04-08-2010 03:36 PM

Thinking of a vacation.... ahhhhhhhhh maybe in a few months time! Sun, sand, ocean and seafood! Ok, back to cutting!

Lockeb 04-09-2010 03:22 AM

Hi Sharon,
Yeah,,,,,now we'll all be longing to see how everyone is going to finish this quilt....
With regards to vacation, I leave on May 2nd for 2 weeks in Varadero, Cuba....the white sandy beach is calling me :-)...
Perhaps I can bring some sewing but it will need to be handsewing :-)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-09-2010 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my top so far.

Jan - April
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50395[/ATTACH]

ljs317 04-09-2010 08:37 AM

That is so very nicely done. I have not been able to get started on the April row yet but you have really set the bar high, you and everyone else who are already finished with the April row.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-09-2010 08:59 AM

Ljs, my top looks much better in pictures than it does in real life!

missgigglewings 04-09-2010 11:55 AM

Good job Lisawb..wouldn't it be great if we could find some fabric with the points printed on it. Then we could add little borders and not lose our prints!

Lockeb 04-09-2010 01:49 PM

Lisa,,,BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

MaryAnna 04-09-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lockeb
Hi Sharon,
Yeah,,,,,now we'll all be longing to see how everyone is going to finish this quilt....
With regards to vacation, I leave on May 2nd for 2 weeks in Varadero, Cuba....the white sandy beach is calling me :-)...
Perhaps I can bring some sewing but it will need to be handsewing :-)

Bill, just enjoy the beaches and your vacation....don't bring the sewing, it'll just weigh the baggage down and you'll have to pay for the 'excess baggage'. But do check out the fabric shops while on vacation, I'll bet you'll find some really cool fabric.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 04-09-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Here is my top so far.

Great job Lisa! I just love it! And you've convinced me that tomorrow is my quilting day! I've been out in the garden this week. I need to get caught up!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna