Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need help with border(s) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-help-border-s-t21227.html)

Debbie1 06-11-2009 05:23 PM

I think I would use a solid color, but use the swirls for the binding and not the border. I love the quilt, it's goregous!

*QuilterWannabee* 06-11-2009 05:42 PM

I'm with your mother on this one...and the general consensus that one of the bright colors already in the quilt would be a flash to further add to its beauty! Thanks for sharing.

sewsewquilter 06-11-2009 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i too would pick one of the vibrant solid colors and i would use that swirl print for the binding maybe 0.5-1.0 in size.

My vote too! I think the swirl print would be really neat for the binding!

Beautiful quilt!!!!!!!! :D

This sounds good. Love the quilt.

BellaBoo 06-11-2009 07:17 PM

That busy print does not work at all with the solid colors of the quilt. I love the quilt, it's fantastic! Any of the bright colors in the quilt would be great for the border. And I would use a black binding to finish.

jbsstrawberry 06-11-2009 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i too would pick one of the vibrant solid colors and i would use that swirl print for the binding maybe 0.5-1.0 in size.

My vote too! I think the swirl print would be really neat for the binding!

Beautiful quilt!!!!!!!! :D

This sounds good. Love the quilt.

Ditto!! Absolutely stunning quilt too!! You've done a fantastic job!!

MadQuilter 06-11-2009 08:22 PM

How about a piano-key boarder with all the colors from the quilt? I don't think your swirly fabric works well - it's too busy, too small, and it fights with the pattern (which is stunning)

JoanneS 06-11-2009 08:53 PM

I totally agree with Klue - black border with the swirly fabric as binding - or black binding and save the swirly fabric to use in a quilt where you can REALLY show it off!

Your quilt it STUNNING!

Ninnie 06-11-2009 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Your quilt is very pretty and vibrant!! I like the black border with one of your block colors, as well. The think the swirly fabric would be distracting.

Ditto!

Beautiful quilt!

RedGarnet222 06-12-2009 05:04 AM

I would go for a medium sized black, then a tiny bright border and finish with a medium black. That would encase your work and not take away from your design, but add a tiny spark of color in the border.

I have seen women sew all the colors together uniformly to make a long line of multi-colored strips which is used as the border strip. I am not sure I explained it right, but I am pretty sure that you know what I mean. right?

I know whatever you do will be beautiful. I hope you are going to show the results later when it is finished.

quiltluvr 06-12-2009 08:13 AM

Beautiful work, pattern and colors! Very vibrant.

You've got a lot of suggestions to play with. Post pics and we can vote too. (If you want and can.)