Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   need help with center of dresden plate block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-help-center-dresden-plate-block-t121830.html)

MamaBear61 05-09-2011 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I like the overall fabric selection. Will all of the the plates be the same selection? If so, I'd go for a selection of solids for centers.

Or .. have you tried a dark solid? Brown or black?

I like the solid too, if you want it to stay a more scrappy look, what if you used solids from all of your fabrics, yellow, red, blue, green white or cream, just a thought.

donnajean 05-09-2011 04:02 AM

The solid yellow looks best to me. It's the flower lover in me & flowers have yellow centers.

alikat110 05-09-2011 04:02 AM

I like the yellow print. Any of fhe prints are fine. The yellow solix is all I focus on in that one. I miss seeing the beauty of thr plate

be a quilter 05-09-2011 04:06 AM

Red and yellow, yellow the best. It makes it pop.

mltquilt 05-09-2011 04:08 AM

Love the solid yellow in the quilt block center.

mltquilt

granny_59 05-09-2011 04:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)

I like the overall fabric selection. Will all of the the plates be the same selection? If so, I'd go for a selection of solids for centers.

Thank you all very much.
the plates will be all the same and brown sounds like a great idea, only solid brown I dont like. How about

black
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194883[/ATTACH]

mimom 05-09-2011 04:27 AM

I wonder if a white on white would look good, if not I liked the blue and red

GreatStarter 05-09-2011 04:29 AM

I think it's what you love. Only one I didn't like as much as the others is the beize print.
Kat

Quilter7x 05-09-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61

I like the solid too, if you want it to stay a more scrappy look, what if you used solids from all of your fabrics, yellow, red, blue, green white or cream, just a thought.

I like this idea best for the centers, scrappy.

I have never made a Dresden Plate before. Are all like colors supposed to be next to each other?

karenm36 05-09-2011 04:35 AM

I LOVE your dresden plates...nice shape and the fabrics are great! My favorite colors for the centers are the yellow, blue and red. Though...I like the solid centers most because the solid seems to make all the other colors and designs of the plate stand out best. Do you have any solid red or blue? Or you might even consider having all the plates have a different solid center. What ever you do I'm sure it will be terrific. I still think about all the fruit and the store you made for your grandson! I was blown away by that! I bet he's still enjoying it! :-)