Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need some ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-some-ideas-t244709.html)

BizzieLizzie 04-08-2014 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by gabeway (Post 6665328)
Awesome quilt! Since so many straight lines, maybe something circular?

That's another great idea...Thank you.

BrendaK 04-08-2014 06:16 AM

As beautiful as this is and with you doing this without a pattern I am sure that whatever you come up with will be super. You have a lot of talent and this will be stunning when you are finished. BrendaK

BizzieLizzie 04-08-2014 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 6665500)
As beautiful as this is and with you doing this without a pattern I am sure that whatever you come up with will be super. You have a lot of talent and this will be stunning when you are finished. BrendaK

Awwww...thank you. That is so sweet of you to say. I will try to be as creative as possible. I have a few ideas thanks to the suggestions here. Hopefully the old brain will start moving forwards soon! :D

GailG 04-08-2014 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6664292)
Well, I've seen those quilted with stitches going from corner up to corner and down again the other side. like the burgundy fabric, follow that. then the blue and so on. Makes a nice movement of the pattern and simple to do. Look up Images of this pattern to see some. I've yet to make this pattern myself but it's on my list.

I agree with this suggestion. Crosshatching is one of the two methods of quilting I can do. I sitd and ch, that's it. It's not as great as more advanced quilting but it works....and I think it would be effective on this quilt. BTW, it's a beautiful quilt.

Boston1954 04-08-2014 08:05 AM

I think that the squares invite something flowing like leaves and vines. I am working on one right now and it is coming up really cute.

Kitsie 04-08-2014 08:09 AM

Love your borders! Not often a bargello includes one, but this is a wonderful quilt. When you solve the quilting problem, please show us the final quilt.

Debbie B 04-08-2014 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie (Post 6665486)
Thank you. I would like to include feathers and hadn't thought of that as an option before. I think that I could get that in the black border as that is wide enough! Yippee!! I hope my quilting skills are up to par! LOL Quick learning curve here! I have never attempted feathers before. Always a first time for everything, seeing that this is my first Bargello that I made without a pattern. :)

If you quilt feathers in the body of the quilt take at least 2 rows of colors (if not more) to put the feathers in...making some large feathers. Have you searched here on the board for pictures of finished Bargello quilts or looked on Pinterest to get quilting ideas?

QUILTNMO 04-08-2014 02:02 PM

not sure how to quilt it but its beautiful!!!!

debbiemarie 04-09-2014 02:36 AM

Your wonderful borders give this quilt an Indian blanket look, feathers would be appropriate, I think I would play up that look.

twinkie 04-09-2014 03:42 AM

That is an interesting quilt. I wish I had enough nerve to do a bargello. Sorry I cannot help you on hand stitching.