Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Neon Surprise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/neon-surprise-t1279.html)

joy 06-23-2007 10:43 PM

love your quilt, Patrice.... I have some yellow material that I recently cut the wrong size... now I know what to do with it.... it only means having to go out and buy some other plainish material to go with it but what the heck !!! Isn't that what shops are for?

Catherine 06-24-2007 03:34 AM

I love bright colors..this is very beautiful. You did a great job. I can't seem to finish a thing!!!

patricej 06-24-2007 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by joy
love your quilt, Patrice.... I have some yellow material that I recently cut the wrong size... now I know what to do with it.... it only means having to go out and buy some other plainish material to go with it but what the heck !!! Isn't that what shops are for?

OR you could use up your scrap bag. or do both.

the pattern has 20 different blocks. no specific layout. 17 of the blocks take on 4 different "personalities" as you rotate them. 2 of them have 2 different looks. only 1 looks the same no matter what. if you mirror the block patterns, you nearly double the number of possibilities. effective result is somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 "different blocks". I'd have to track down an algebra text bood to calculate the number of layout combinations but we're easily talking hundreds.

sorry to go on like that. i'm just a little proud of it. can you tell? LOL

and thanks, all, for the compliments. it's scary, sometimes, to post our work isn't it? i want to give this to a friend. now i know she'll really like it and not just "politely" like it. :-)

june6995 06-24-2007 09:22 AM

I always suspected you were a "colorful character. " Now I know for sure.

Keep on stitching and surprising us with your creativity!!

Great colors.

June

jessiesmom 06-24-2007 09:43 AM

Applause,applause Patrice, take a bow, you did a great job. I think I can safely say you are one of the most colorful people on this blog.

Mary

ladymyste 06-24-2007 12:03 PM

Awesome job! I love the colors. It reminds me of the game Tetris.

patricej 06-24-2007 12:35 PM

i hope "colorful" is a good thing. :lol:

Carla P 06-24-2007 01:31 PM

Simply Gorgeous!! I love the layout and the colors make it hard to take your eyes off of it, because you're constantly moving your attention from one block to the next!! Excellent design as well; it really allows the fabrics to shine!! Way to go Patrice!! :D :thumbup:

joy 06-24-2007 01:59 PM

To Patrice

I don't have a very large stash as I have only been doing this for a short time but it is getting bigger .......

Could you please tell us the size of your biggest block.... did you cut out some that size and then cut some down smaller?

You have every reason to be proud.....

I have just put two borders on a quilt and have a third one waiting... unfortunately, I have stretched them when I ironed them... not when I sewed them as I was very careful about that..... do you have any ideas as to what I can do and would it be making the situation worse if I put a third border on? If anyone knows it would be you.....

Norah 06-24-2007 02:16 PM

WOW!! And I know it is perfectly square because you are a perfectly honest person. And pictures lie all the time. I really am 29, skinny and blonde. At least, in my head I am. Great job, Patrice. You rock!! 8)