Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New Table Topper... Time to get back to sewing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-table-topper-time-get-back-sewing-t17926.html)

quilter1962 03-21-2009 01:21 PM

Mama

I love your table topper, such a love colours too & gingham I just love gingham - I often think In a previous life I must have been a country girl :lol:
You are brave making scalloped borders, did you say you need a special ruler to get that effect.
Thanks for sharing again. :wink:

Tisha

Knot Sew 03-21-2009 01:33 PM

looks great, The edge looks good :D

Mamagus 03-21-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Mama

I love your table topper, such a love colours too & gingham I just love gingham - I often think In a previous life I must have been a country girl :lol:
You are brave making scalloped borders, did you say you need a special ruler to get that effect.

Tisha

I cut a strip of wallpaper border (I keep things like that because I am a pack rat), the same length as the topper. Folded paper in half and made my first scallop ( with pencil) Folded again and made another scallop. (crest of the wave is at the fold).

There's probably some nifty little tool for making scallops but I like doing things the hard way! :wink:

Rhonda 03-21-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Mama

Tisha

I cut a strip of wallpaper border (I keep things like that because I am a pack rat), the same length as the topper. Folded paper in half and made my first scallop ( with pencil) Folded again and made another scallop. (crest of the wave is at the fold).

There's probably some nifty little tool for making scallops but I like doing things the hard way! :wink:

I always wanted to try a wavy border maybe now I can get up the courage to try this. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Izy 03-21-2009 02:21 PM

You have made a lovely table topper Mama, there is a wavy ruler you can buy, but that looks absolutely perfect to me, welcome back, you've been missed, glad the house is getting straighter for you :D

Janstar 03-21-2009 02:58 PM

Great job and the colors are perfect. Nice scallops too.

littlehud 03-21-2009 05:32 PM

Oh, very pretty. Love the reds.

sewjoyce 03-21-2009 05:44 PM

I like it! (The couch is pretty too!)

Shemjo 03-21-2009 05:50 PM

Nice colors, and I like the curved border! The gingham sets it off nicely! Well Done! :lol:

Marcia 03-21-2009 06:30 PM

Lori--I LOVE IT!!! The fabrics are adorable and it goes great with your sofa. Cute!!!