Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Noah Quilt Top Done!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/noah-quilt-top-done-t20471.html)

Izy 05-23-2009 11:46 PM

But it's for a girl Ninnie......

HA HA!.......... only kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you like it, this is the third applique baby quilt I made, they are great fun to work on with all the bright colours :D

tlrnhi 05-24-2009 02:48 AM

Izy, you did a fantastic job!
I'm loving it!
Hmm....better make sure that's not one of the quilts in the house when I come to visit. lol
<me thinks I need to find a bigger suitcase>

Izy 05-24-2009 03:12 AM

Terri, you bad girl depriving a needy child of his 'ickle quilty'!! :lol:

Anyway, it will be long gone before you get your ass over here...I might of made about 100 more before then!! :lol: :wink:

Chele 05-24-2009 03:45 AM

Very cute Izy. I love the wave border.

sandpat 05-24-2009 03:49 AM

Izy...great job!!!! I love the waves...its similar to the waves I put on Judy's IRR the last round. It does look like you made your own RR quilt and what fun it turned out to be!!!!

We sure are gonna miss your quilty progress and Sasha pics....be sure to check in every time you can!!! Be safe and ya'll have fun! :lol: :lol:

Izy 05-24-2009 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Izy...great job!!!! I love the waves...its similar to the waves I put on Judy's IRR the last round. It does look like you made your own RR quilt and what fun it turned out to be!!!!

We sure are gonna miss your quilty progress and Sasha pics....be sure to check in every time you can!!! Be safe and ya'll have fun! :lol: :lol:

Well I never, so great minds think alike Patti, I don't think I have seen it, but will got check out the pictures now!!

I may be 'gone' but I will be with you all in spirit!! :D

Izy 05-24-2009 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Very cute Izy. I love the wave border.

I just 'winged' it Chele and hit a couple of problems...but the fun is solving them ...isn't it??? cuss cuss cussing all the way :lol: AND those fish are enormous more like Jonah and the whale (if you compare to the mini arks right next too them tee hee!!)

sandpat 05-24-2009 04:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Izy...its posted on another site...lets see if I can find it to post here...maybe Judy won't mind.. I like your wave design better than mine.

Izy 05-24-2009 04:03 AM

Oh Patti that is simply gorgeous...funnily enough I rough sketched two types of waves and asked John which one he prefered and he chose the more free style what I did, which was similar to the waves on the centre panel anyway. :D

Yours is stunning, did you use freezer paper too? :D

sandpat 05-24-2009 04:06 AM

Yes, I used freezer paper to draw the templates for the waves and the dolphins. I hand appliqued the waves (I hated to though because Judy's work is so perfect and mine really does look amatuerish next to hers), then I machine appliqued the dolphins using the satin stitch. There are so many tiny curves and shapes with the dolphins, there was NO way my hand skill levels would have let me do them and have them look good.