Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Noah Quilt Top Done!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/noah-quilt-top-done-t20471.html)

Izy 05-24-2009 04:10 AM

Your work is beautiful Patti, AND I have seen it first hand, up close and personal...Elle brought your IRR to group last week, it is absolutely beautiful, you will be sooooo pleased with it, Elle has done a fantastic job on her round....but I am not telling!!

I like using the freezer paper, and found if I use a small piece of plywood on the ironing board I can get a really sharp edge when turning the edges over, I use a little travel iron that I picked up in the charity shop for 3.50E!! Its got a great little point to it that gets in just where you want it to!!

I cut away the excess navy so that when I get round to quilting it I am hoping the waves will 'pop' abit more :D

sandpat 05-24-2009 04:15 AM

Oh thanks Izy....I'm going to have to chase Elle down and MAKE her show me aren't I???? I'm going to have to go look for a stick I guess.. :roll: I'm soooo excited to see as I just know what she added is sooo wonderful! Shes is really mean not to show me...did you realize your friend is that mean???

The plywood piece is a great idea..I'll have to try that. The freezer paper seems to give me the best results of all the methods I've tried so far but I'm committed to trying to learn how to better my skills by hand. I enjoy it, its relaxing and I just need a little help to improve I think.

I think when you quilt around the waves...they will leap out at you and look fantastic!

Izy 05-24-2009 04:19 AM

If you use something hard and heat resistant when you mash those little buggers down with the iron (thinking curves here) you can hear and feel a little crack as it bonds with the freezer paper, I know it's good to go then... :lol:

Yes Elle is mean...but it will be worth the wait to see it all done!! I ain't saying no more...I nearly typed a little hint, but Elle will kill me if I let slip lol!! :lol:

sandpat 05-24-2009 04:21 AM

Oh man.....now your BOTH mean!!!! And here I thought I could sweet talk you into letting it slip! :roll:

Izy 05-24-2009 04:25 AM

:lol: :D :wink:

Back out to work I go.... :D

Justquilting 05-24-2009 04:27 AM

That is just toooooo cute!!

tlrnhi 05-24-2009 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Terri, you bad girl depriving a needy child of his 'ickle quilty'!! :lol:

Anyway, it will be long gone before you get your ass over here...I might of made about 100 more before then!! :lol: :wink:

I would NEVER take a quilt from a child! Ok, maybe MY child, but not someone elses, so I guess that one is actually safe.
Now, that one you have on the bed....hmmm.......Me Likey!!!

RedGarnet222 05-24-2009 06:01 AM

Hi Izy,
I love your Noah's Ark quilt. How nice it all turned out. You are so good with attention to details and your hand work is always impeccable. Doing the "Wave here".

Izy 05-24-2009 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Hi Izy,
I love your Noah's Ark quilt. How nice it all turned out. You are so good with attention to details and your hand work is always impeccable. Doing the "Wave here".

Thanks Red, but I can't take any credit for handwork on this one, I did it all on the machine lol!! :D

k3n 05-24-2009 07:14 AM

Izy - I love what you did with the border - it looks great!

k x