Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   NOW, what to do for the quilting part? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/now-what-do-quilting-part-t181634.html)

mighty 03-04-2012 06:09 PM

It is very beautiful, not sure on the quilting.

pdcakm 03-04-2012 06:11 PM

was just going thru the magic stack n whack book by bethany reynolds this morning. in the back are some quilting ideas.
one is to do a leaf pattern in background areas. then she shows a sunburst pattern within the star units. she also suggest zig-zag or serpentine in the star units. if you have access to that book you can use the patterns that are included.

i am sure that whatever you choose it will enhance and already beautiful quilt. have fun.

pdcakm 03-04-2012 06:12 PM

was just going thru the magic stack n whack book by bethany reynolds this morning. in the back are some quilting ideas.
one is to do a leaf pattern in background areas. then she shows a sunburst pattern within the star units. she also suggest zig-zag or serpentine in the star units. if you have access to that book you can use the patterns that are included.

i am sure that whatever you choose it will enhance and already beautiful quilt. have fun.

sorry double post. hope the board resolves this issue soon.

Jingle 03-04-2012 06:32 PM

Beautiful, I just FMQ most of my quilts, no ideas how you should quilt it.

Tweety2911 03-04-2012 06:41 PM

Gorgeous quilt top!

malega 03-04-2012 06:53 PM

That is so very beautiful, I like the colours.

sammygirlqt 03-04-2012 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=pdcakm;5031734]was just going thru the magic stack n whack book by bethany reynolds this morning. in the back are some quilting ideas.

Doing some type of design on the stacks is important as they will want to pop up! I have seen some very simple wiggley leaf type up and then down each side of the seame. For the background you could do something as simple as a meander. Whatever you decide on will surely look beautiful.

Sewfine 03-04-2012 07:10 PM

Beautiful quilt and colors. No sure how to quilt.

Linnie 03-04-2012 07:11 PM

Love the colors

burchquilts 03-04-2012 09:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This really reminds me of the quilt I made for my DD when she graduated from law school. She went to Lewis & Clark & it just so happened that there was a fabric line by that name that season. So I made her this little (lap-sized) S & W. Since there were feathers in some of the fabrics, that's what I had my long armer do -- feathers. I hope maybe this gives you an idea. I really love your quilt & know your friend will, too! Beautiful!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317381[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]317382[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]317383[/ATTACH]