Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   O.K....I have been MIA for a while..but look what I have been playing with!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/o-k-i-have-been-mia-while-but-look-what-i-have-been-playing-t51964.html)

tooMuchFabric 07-01-2010 06:12 AM

Stunnnnn-Innnnng!!!

Pat G 07-01-2010 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
I found this panel.....well actually six of them so you can guess what technique I have been practising can't you???

YES...A ONE BLOCK WONDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Oh my gosh, I would never have thought of cutting up that beaut. panel. What beaut. hexes it makes though. Got to try that now. I am still wowed.

Pat G 07-01-2010 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Here's some of the blocks

I am so fascinated by this project. I do Stack & Whack but need 12 repeats. Did you use 6 panels to get the exact matches? I just have to do this.

Izy 07-01-2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
You are making a beautiful quilt. I don't think I could have cut the panel up. It is so cute. Could you 'see' what it would look like before you cut it?

I have two 6" mirrors in my handbag....must have looked strange to others while I was there positioning them all around the fabric to get an idea what the kaleidoscopes would look like.

By the way, it doesn't show how they will be exactly as you get a double mirror image, not a swirl by positioning the triangles side by side

:wink: :roll: :roll:

Izy 07-01-2010 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pat G

Originally Posted by Izy
Here's some of the blocks

I am so fascinated by this project. I do Stack & Whack but need 12 repeats. Did you use 6 panels to get the exact matches? I just have to do this.

Yes, six panels as you need six indentical triangles to form the hexagons, which are stitched together in two halves, then formed when you complete the 'rows'...go for it, it's great fun and not as much work as you would think
:wink:

Butterflyspain 07-01-2010 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

You are making a beautiful quilt. I don't think I could have cut the panel up. It is so cute. Could you 'see' what it would look like before you cut it?

I have two 6" mirrors in my handbag....must have looked strange to others while I was there positioning them all around the fabric to get an idea what the kaleidoscopes would look like.

By the way, it doesn't show how they will be exactly as you get a double mirror image, not a swirl by positioning the triangles side by side

I saw you......lol I thought you were weird........ laughing out loud now, so thats how you do it is it. Well I will be blowed. Good job we are friends

Elle

Izy 07-01-2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by Izy

I saw you......lol I thought you were weird........ laughing out loud now, so thats how you do it is it. Well I will be blowed. Good job we are friends

Elle

Must have thought I was the vainest women the shop having to check my make up in two mirrors from every angle lol!!!

Butterflyspain 07-01-2010 12:02 PM

Oh you are funny. Now I have to get myself two mirrors, so next time I see a decent piece of fabric that I can do this OBW with I can look weird too ..... :-D :oops: ;-)

Izy 07-01-2010 12:03 PM

Oh you are funny. Now I have to get myself two mirrors, so next time I see a decent piece of fabric that I can do this OBW with I can look weird too ..... :-D :oops: ;-)

Yep come join me on my very own OBW planet lol!!

Butterflyspain 07-01-2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Yep come join me on my very own OBW planet lol!!

Its cool, I like your planet better than I like this one at the moment.