Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ocean Waves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ocean-waves-t23587.html)

Mossie 08-07-2009 01:33 PM

This quilt is beautiful. If the blue corners bother you, what about quilting the corners with dark brown thread to break up the blue a little bit? Just a thought but not really necessary.

Pats8e8 08-07-2009 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
I haven't tried the ocean waves paper pieced. If this is your first attempt at PP, it does take some time to get your mind around it, anyway it did me. I swore , Never again, but alas I have done a couple more and it gets easier but I think I must dyslexic or something because it takes several squares before I get it. You've done a great job and I like the colors in the waves. A day for a top is not a long time. You should be proud of yourself for trying something new and for the way it turned out.

No no, it wasn't one day, we go for 4 days, Thursday to Sunday. I started this Thursday afternoon and finished it Saturday evening. I was worn out. All I did after that was help the others with some of their blocks. ha I just don't know if I'll try another or not. :oops:

chattykathe 08-07-2009 02:32 PM

I love it. Great JOB! I Know paper piecing can be a challenge, but you more than concord the piece.

Boston1954 08-07-2009 02:40 PM

I love it. Wish I could do paper piecing. Afraid to try.

Pats8e8 08-07-2009 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
I love it. Wish I could do paper piecing. Afraid to try.

You need to try at least once, I was brave and tried it, you can do it too :!:

Eddie 08-07-2009 09:09 PM

Looks fantastic, that pattern is so nice. Wonderful job on it.

kd124 08-07-2009 11:15 PM

Gorgeous quilt. I love the colors you chose and the pattern is great. I love quilts like this that have a lot of movement to them.

JCL in FL 08-08-2009 07:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Pats8e8

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
I haven't tried the ocean waves paper pieced. If this is your first attempt at PP, it does take some time to get your mind around it, anyway it did me. I swore , Never again, but alas I have done a couple more and it gets easier but I think I must dyslexic or something because it takes several squares before I get it. You've done a great job and I like the colors in the waves. A day for a top is not a long time. You should be proud of yourself for trying something new and for the way it turned out.

No no, it wasn't one day, we go for 4 days, Thursday to Sunday. I started this Thursday afternoon and finished it Saturday evening. I was worn out. All I did after that was help the others with some of their blocks. ha I just don't know if I'll try another or not. :oops:

You will, I know it. But that is exactly how I felt after I did my first one. Here's a picture. It wasn't the whole quilt just the turtles but oh my the words out of my mouth when I was doing the first one. The first one took hours, the lst one may 45 minutes.

GailG 08-09-2009 06:27 PM

I love the quilt and I LOVE the blue.

GailG 08-09-2009 06:28 PM

I love the Ocean Waves quilt and I LOVE the blue.