Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OH MY GOSH; I DID IT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/oh-my-gosh%3B-i-did-t8032.html)

Bevanger 06-12-2008 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Wow great job!! see--all was not lost and that new machine must be what made it happen!

It was weird. A fun weird tho. Ok if all remembers my first horror (rows didn't match up) I took it all apart except squares. Got my new machine and the quilt looked like it NEEDED squares. Not sashing. Sooooooooooo I cut out squares and sewed and all matched up perfect, Ok I'm on a roll, 2nd,3rd,4th row hrmm ok this is cool. Last row , perfect. Hrmmmmmmm lets see, border? How about this way. Het this is fun I say. Before I knew it I was done, but in a way saddened cuz it is done. LOL

Bevanger 06-12-2008 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
Very pretty, Bev. I can tell you sure have the quilting bug. What do you think you'll try next?

My Aunt came over yesterday with ALL her sisters fabric. (My Aunt doesn't sew) Diana can no longer sew with her arthris, so I inherited 5 boxes of fabric,rulers, cutting mat, 5 rulers. Her machine went to her daughter, but she didn't want all the other stuff.(happy dance) I thought maybe I'd play with a pinwheel? I have sooooooooooo many ideas floating in my head lol

PuffinGin 06-12-2008 04:11 AM

Congratulations, Bev. Great job! The quilt is lovely. I'm sure Maekala will love it.

Bevanger 06-12-2008 04:15 AM

I wanna Thank EVERYONE for all the kind comments . Ya know if it weren't for you and your incouragements, I'd have thrown away that first attempt and said poopie on it, but you all were there for me and I DID IT ..I DID IT....(a drean of mine to make quilts)with tears :cry: and a lump in my throat I thank you all.
GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR ALL THE BEST

Bevanger 06-12-2008 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Thats what we are here for Bev! It is hard for beginners and when they succeed, they can encourage someone else who is beginning- right?

I never thought of that, but hey yeah, I can help now. Well with some things anyways

Marcia 06-12-2008 05:29 AM

You did a great job!!!! It is a gift that will be treasured forever. What a sweetheart you are.

Bevanger 06-12-2008 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia
You did a great job!!!! It is a gift that will be treasured forever. What a sweetheart you are.

Awwwwwwwwwww thanks kiddo.

Barbm 06-12-2008 07:00 AM

Great job Bev! The first quilt is always special. You remember your boo boos and that feeling of success the most. 5 boxes of fabric- you must have been tickled pink! Like Christmas. Let's see pics of your new stash! Welcome to the addiction!

Barb

Pam Pollock 06-12-2008 07:50 AM

You did a great job!!! I love your color choices!! She will love it!!

Diamonds 06-12-2008 07:54 AM

Bev it is beautiful... You have a natural talent.. My first one looked no where as nice as yours does...