Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OH MY GOSH; I DID IT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/oh-my-gosh%3B-i-did-t8032.html)

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
Way to go Bevanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something tells me by the sound of your words you are just a litttttttttttllleeee bit excited about this!!! :)

Congratulations!! Its a great feeling when you get that first quilt done isn't it!!!! I'm sure you are well into deciding your next 100 projects :) :) :)

Oh yeah. It's an awesome feeling. I've been wanting to do this for years, but always chickened out. Good thing I did find you guys, even tho by accident. You all gave me the encouragement... I'm playing with pinwheels right now. I'm not really sure what I'm doing so that's why I say playing. Thanks for the kind words dearheart... :)

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by nellie
good job bev, now keep on quilting and don,t stop good for you ,if you were my dauther i would be so proud. nellie :D :D :D

Awwwwwww thanks hun :oops: *blush

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by donfel
Your quilt is great. I wish my first quilt looked that good. Your a natural!!!

Thanks.It was fun....... :)

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MissTreated
Fantastic job, Bev! You have much to be proud of! No doubt it will be a favorite and well loved quilt. Truly an heirloom for one very special little girl!

M

Thanks dearheart. When I pick up the batting on the first of the month, I'm gonna "hopefully" find some Disney Princesses OR something with Ballet for her 5 yr old sister. I have never met these girls OR there mom but their mom has been an online friend of mine for over 8 yrs. Very dear to me, and always there for me... Heres a pic of a blanket I did cross stitch & embroider on for Maekala when she was first born. It was done on quilted muslin and fabric sewn on back. A sorta kinda quilt,,, :)

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by rein
Bev - you did a SUPER job! Congratulations on getting the first top done! It is lovely and I am certain that Maekela (sp)? will absolutely adore it! Way to go girlfriend! Now we will be keeping our eyes peeled for top number 2!!!

Thanks hun, I'm playing with a pinwheel. Haven't quite got the hang of that one yet.

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Joan
Bev, it's beautiful...that's one lucky little girl....it just says, "I'm a cute, little girl..... :lol:

Thanks dear. It'll be fun when Janelle (mom) sends pics of the girls with them. :D

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
You do have it - the ice cream cone is a super idea, you are on a roll !!

As soon as I saw this cute small bit of fabric, It screamed TAG........... :D

Bevanger 06-14-2008 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Oh yes, it is. Did you say Christmas???!? You are so ahead of the game. I'm doing a graduation present for my neice who ALREADY graduated LOL.

Christmas in June AND Already Graduated LOL ... We're ok.... We are aren't we? ROFLMBO.... But I figured with me learning, I better start making gifts now. Plus I'm crocheting gifts as well. Please show us your gift when finished.....

retrogirl02 06-15-2008 08:23 AM

I'd be glad to. Hubby put a little design board together for me recently & I have 6 close to 14 inches. I hope to have the top done by the end of summer.....we'll see!! LOL

Nanciii06 06-17-2008 01:39 PM

Bev,

That is so precious. I love the colors. Your friend is going to love it too.

Nanci