Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ok, I needed to think... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ok-i-needed-think-t13885.html)

tlrnhi 11-28-2008 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Good decision Terri- if you are lucky enough to have a MIL who appreciates your work, then concentrate on her and forget the rest. I would send out cards to the rest of the family that said"Due to the economic conditions of our country this year, we are only exchanging cards." Be good to that MIL- you will never be sorry that you did!

My MIL loves EVERYTHING I make for her, even when we are there and I cook! lol

Barbm 11-28-2008 08:49 AM

Good for you Terri! Do you think they will send pics modeling their aprons? I'd love to see them.

Barb

tlrnhi 11-28-2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
Good for you Terri! Do you think they will send pics modeling their aprons? I'd love to see them.

Barb

I hope so!

Carol W 11-28-2008 07:16 PM

Very cute.

Carol W 11-29-2008 04:29 AM

Thank you for the pattern Terri!

This is a great message board to vent. :)

tlrnhi 11-29-2008 04:48 AM

:) You Welcome :)

Feathers 11-29-2008 07:27 AM

Hi Teri:
Thank you for the apron instructions. I plan to whip up a couple of those for gifts for Christmas. Quick and easy! I love it.

I'm sorry about your unappreciative inlaws. Have a couple myself but Oh! well! I can't change them and don't want to try, I just don't give them gifts I make. One time I gave a gift and wrapped it in a silver Nordstrom box and the comment was "Oh! a good gift...it's from Nordstom's!" Big disappointment when they saw the gift was homemade. Now when we send gifts we always get a phone call asking where we bought the item as it was defective or broken or????

Does anyone out there in cyberspace have the instructions for the square apron pattern. It's made with one big square of fabric with one corner flipped to the frong on top (sqare is on point) with the ties attached to the side corners? They look simple enough that I think I can do it without instructions but wondered if there were any folks out there who have made them and who can tell me the size of the squares. I'd like to make some for my 5 year old grand neice and her mamma. Thank you.

Feathers 11-29-2008 07:42 AM

Purplemem: You have a MEANNNNNNNNNNNNN streak! Democratic or Republican party donations is a riot and a great suggestion. Habitat for Humanity or SPCA and all the suggestions are wonderful.

If anyone needs the name of a private animal rescue, I know of one and they are tax deductible and the person would get a card so stating the donation was made in their name but not the amount. My husband and I have volunteered with this group for 7 or 8 years. Donations are always needed. PM me if you want the name and address and/or website address

Feathers 11-29-2008 07:46 AM

Teri, Teri, you're missing an opportunity to OPEN YOUR SECRET SANTA gift early...the creepy crawly things inside might be great "regifting" (as the Seinfeld tv show folks did) items. Maybe Shadow Dancer would let you open your SS gift early for THAT reason???? :?: :?: :?: :lol:

Feathers 11-29-2008 07:50 AM

Moonpi, I love it!