Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OK....I'll admit I have a problem... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ok-ill-admit-i-have-problem-t110918.html)

emerald46 03-26-2011 02:22 PM

To heck with the LQS, we are coming to your house! Beautifully displayed, congrats.

icon17 03-26-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by fixfido
At one point in trying to organize all of this, I was literally up to my shoulders in fabric. My cup runneth way the heck over!!!

WELL..... I do think you have a problem I will help you with it! Just pack up 1/2 of that old fabric and send it to ME!!!!
No really you have the most wonderful organized fabric! so pretty! I would have a problem wouldn't want to mess it up! :lol:

kriscraft99 03-26-2011 02:28 PM

oh wow!! it is gorgeous :) at least it is where you can see it all and admire it.. wow!

maryb119 03-26-2011 02:30 PM

I have a problem too...I wish I had your stash!

newquilter10 03-26-2011 02:36 PM

Wow, you do look like a fabric store. I could have a ball with all that material.

icon17 03-26-2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by fixfido

Originally Posted by Jan T
Your stash is enviable to everyone here on the board looking at it. Your spending habit might just be a bit out of control. I want to encourage you to try to select from your stash and stay out of the quilt store. I'm afraid if you really don't go shopping, the local quilt store might have to go out of business. LOL.

I love the way you used the (matching) baskets to store your smaller pieces in front of each shelf. Very good use of space still allowing you to see what is behind.
Really if your going to sell some you should do it on Ebay fabric sell good on ebay!!
I'm so jealous

Jan,
You're so right...it is out of control. I'm ashamed to admit it, but this is not all of it by a long shot. This doesn't include any of my flannels, home dec fabrics, Thimbleberries collections or Civil War and 30's repros. Having to organize it all was just the thing to make me realize that I simply have way too much. I'm going to be having a heck of a garage sale in May, and I will be making lots of quilters very happy, I think. It's better than many addictions, but I am taking this pretty seriously. :-)

Rntraveler 03-26-2011 02:42 PM

If I had that stash I wouldn't want to mess it up....haha

pstoner 03-26-2011 02:42 PM

oh boy I would never want to leave, so many fabric choices right there waiting for you. Quilters heaven for sure. Great job on the organization. I absolutely love it!! DH want's to know how high the cabinet/shelving is..he knows I am envious

fixfido 03-26-2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
oh boy I would never want to leave, so many fabric choices right there waiting for you. Quilters heaven for sure. Great job on the organization. I absolutely love it!! DH want's to know how high the cabinet/shelving is..he knows I am envious

The shelves are floor to ceiling (about 8 ft.). My dad made them for me. Part of the reason I get away with all of this is that I am single and have no children.....hey! I deserve to have this if it makes me happy, right?

cwessel47 03-26-2011 02:49 PM

OMG - I thought I was bad! I see a penchant for pink and purple, I think. This will require more study. And when we are this bad... we find a way to organize. Your little baskets would make me nuts, however. Enjoy it and use it like crazy!