Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OK....I'll admit I have a problem... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ok-ill-admit-i-have-problem-t110918.html)

fixfido 03-27-2011 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by qwkslver
That is awesome and you won't be at the mercy of the cotton prices going up and up (for a while at least).

Yep, maybe I'm crazy like a fox!

sumcoop 03-27-2011 03:45 AM

Me too! hope I live to sew all my material.

jillaine 03-27-2011 03:49 AM

I know it's hard to look at anything BUT the fabric, but did anyone notice the absolutely stunning vine-edging on the shelving in the top photo?

Fixfido, you live in Michigan, which from my initial non-scientific analysis contains the largest number of quiltingboard.com users. If you really are considering having a yard sale, and you had any interest in meeting f2f some of your quiltingboard.com community, you might consider organizing a f2f "swap". Seriously.

And if that's not comfortable for you, and you really do want to thin your collection, I'm sure a number of us would be interested in purchasing some of it if you're willing to ship it out. Do please consider the classified board here.

-- Jillaine
(unfortunately, too far away in the Wash DC area)

Aquarius 03-27-2011 03:50 AM

Wow! It 's like going to a st ore. Love all the beautiful fabric.

justlooking 03-27-2011 03:57 AM

Loved the way you organized. You should see mine. On second thought, probably not.

diannemc 03-27-2011 03:57 AM

What a stash!!! drool!!!!!

Quilting Pastor 03-27-2011 04:02 AM

yup...you do...but what a colorful "problem"

fixfido 03-27-2011 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine
I know it's hard to look at anything BUT the fabric, but did anyone notice the absolutely stunning vine-edging on the shelving in the top photo?

Fixfido, you live in Michigan, which from my initial non-scientific analysis contains the largest number of quiltingboard.com users. If you really are considering having a yard sale, and you had any interest in meeting f2f some of your quiltingboard.com community, you might consider organizing a f2f "swap". Seriously.

And if that's not comfortable for you, and you really do want to thin your collection, I'm sure a number of us would be interested in purchasing some of it if you're willing to ship it out. Do please consider the classified board here.

-- Jillaine
(unfortunately, too far away in the Wash DC area)

Thanks for the input, Jillaine. I'll be listing things weekly for a while....starting tomorrow, I hope.

Blinkokr 03-27-2011 04:14 AM

I can be very understand about all that fabric. I have the same problem. I have been collecting for years and I just can't pass up a bargain and I always need more. The old saying comes to mind. The one who dies with the most fabric wins. haha.
Have a Blessed day and the room looks great
Ellen

jillaine 03-27-2011 04:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
(I would have sent this via PM, but PM doesn't support file attachments... and I don't know if fixfido reads the classifieds/trades board; besides, perhaps others have this as well?)

Fixfido,

I couldn't help but notice in your stash a fabric I'm seeking!! (Who else did?)

I'm trying to finish a UFO; the top is finished (I think; I may add a border or two); I'm seeking backing; I recently purchased something from fabric.com but it's too thin for a backing and the colors aren't quite right.

I've attached a snapshot of one of your shelves, highlighting the fabric I noticed that looks like one of the rose prints I'm using. I also attach a shot of the floral fabrics I'm using (see far left; is that the same as what you have?) and the quilt I'm trying to finish.

Some here will recognize it as the "lone star gone wrong" that has been discussed elsewhere.

I am considering a pieced back (but not yet sure what I want to do). This is a gift that was supposed to have been given years ago. I started it 3-4 years ago; I set it aside when I realized I had a problem; gal288 helped me fix it.

Anyway, what do you think? Can I help you thin your collection and you help me finish this "lone-star gone wrong and gone-on-too-long" quilt?

-- Jillaine

Fixfido's stash that may contain "my" sought roses
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175644[/ATTACH]

Jillaine's Roses
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175645[/ATTACH]

The "fixed" Lonestar seeking backing fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175646[/ATTACH]