Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One Down - a Bazillion to Go (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-down-bazillion-go-t3572.html)

Kyiav10 12-12-2007 02:04 PM

This is adorable. You both did good work. Kyia

Chele 12-12-2007 02:10 PM

Very cute! Love the retro fabric. You put everything together expertly. Really enhanced the preprinted fabrics. NICE! :lol:

patricej 12-12-2007 05:32 PM

2 Doods remembers correctly. That's exactly what Mom was preparing them for. in fact, i had to take them apart. using them in a quilt just seemed so much easier than all that clipping and fussing to get them rightside out for stuffing. besides ... they go twice as far this way. :wink:

thanks, all for the compliments. i haven't posted many photos because although i have started many, many quilts this year, i'm afraid i haven't you-know-whated more than a very few. :oops:

it's a nice boost for my ego to be paid the compliment of getting paid for my work. but i think i liked it better when i could work at my own pace on whatever caught my fancy, then just donate it somewhere. i can't wait 'til i clear this backlog so i can go to town on some kiddie quilts for a community cause or two.

thanks again :P

Flying_V_Goddess 12-12-2007 09:47 PM

Personally, I don't like the colors. Sorry. Just my personal preference so don't shoot me. lol. But I do like the design and you have nice workmanship.

jbsstrawberry 12-13-2007 06:16 AM

Patrice its just adorable!!!

patricej 12-13-2007 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Personally, I don't like the colors. Sorry. Just my personal preference so don't shoot me. lol. But I do like the design and you have nice workmanship.

don't worry. i won't shoot you. might kick you in the shins, but definitely won't shoot you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

quiltmaker101 12-13-2007 11:36 AM

I like them Patrice. They are charming and remind everyone of childhood.

Diamonds 12-13-2007 12:52 PM

Ireally like it... It's beautiful..

bj 12-13-2007 01:13 PM

I think the blocks made a very sweet quilt. I especially like the decorative stitching you did around the blocks. Very nice indeed. It would be hard for me to give away with the mom connection!

patricej 12-13-2007 02:51 PM

it was easy to sell it to this particular client. she understands and appreciates my smooshy sentiments. i know she'll give it all the care and respect i would. i'll bet it will be passed down for a generation or two.

i have some international angels, too. i did get them appliqued to backgrounds, but they'll have to wait 'til next year. they'll be divided up to make quilts for my father, my niece and her brand new husband, and my nowhere-near-brand-new-old-geezer-brother and his wife-who's-my-sister-in-more-than-law.

i can't take credit for the deco-stitches. only for picking them out. built into my machine. but thanks all the same. :P