Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orange slices (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orange-slices-t262236.html)

BrendaK 03-07-2015 05:26 AM

I am another one who didn't have orange as one of my favorites. Lately I am changing my mine. Who said, "Can't teach an old dog new tricks". I find that I really like what you have done. I look forward to seeing your finished quilt.
BrendaK

sinceresissy 03-07-2015 05:47 AM

I like it too.

EmiliasNana 03-07-2015 07:44 AM

I, too, would not have thought to do it in orange, but I love it. Your use of decorative stitches to the raw edges, really add a special touch too. Can't wait to see the quilting and the binding you choose.

Dee G 03-07-2015 07:58 AM

Orange is not my color but seeing what you did with it I'd have to rethink that. Very pretty! I would consider one of the dark shades for the binding too. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

jzaaboo 03-07-2015 08:01 AM

I love this, good job!! Orange is my favorite color. I saw that tutorial too, and plan to make it with tropical-type colors, and yours give me a taste of how that'll look. I was wondering how I'd quilt mine, I was thinking of echo-ing the "star" center. What do you plan to do, if you don't mind me asking?

Luci177 03-07-2015 05:18 PM

I ordered I bleached muslin, purchased some bright happy-looking turquoise for the binding. I also need to purchase batting, phew! Only another quilter understands all the steps involved in a project. Since I still have time to contemplate, I am considering stippling, as I am comfortable in doing a decent job of it, but, I am looking at examples of quilting and to think about jumping out of my comfort zone to try something new. I enjoy the thinking about what to do next as much as the actual doing. I will surprise everyone and post the completed quilt.

Geri B 03-07-2015 05:44 PM

Looks great.....I am having a problem with mine....when I try to sew the two blocks together with the 1/4" seam the machine works fine until it reaches the "bulk" of the side of the peel, then it will not complete the lock stitch....just does the long thread until it passes the bulk then sews good again......it is a BL ellure +...... And the dealer and repairman are on a cruise vacation...so I am going to put it aside til then return. The odd thing is...I tried it on my Viking....just floated over the bulk and made that lock stitch with no prob...same with my singer.....now I want it to work on this BL too!

sewingsuz 03-07-2015 06:22 PM

Nice work on your quilt. I love orange slice candy but can't have any cause I am off sugar. Your quilt looks good enough to eat.

Michelekolt 03-08-2015 04:12 AM

I love your Orange Peel Quilt. I'm just finishing up a table runner and have plans to make a quilt also.

indymta 03-08-2015 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jo M (Post 7117950)
I book-marked that tutorial because it looked like fun. I like the stitch you chose to embroider the slices. The right turquoise would make it pop. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Agree with Jo M about the embroidery stitch...really like it! I have lots of orange fabric, wanted to make a rail fence with orange, brown and gold, never could get the 3 shades of orange to work. Your quilt has given me inspiration!
Also, what about navy blue for the binding? Been seeing that combo in fashion lately. Hope you show us your finished quilt...it will be stunning!