Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orca bay mystery picture thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881.html)

yayaquilts 12-29-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by allets (Post 4817076)
my 50th wedding anniversary, woohoo!

wow, awesome!! Congratulations to you and your husband!

Caroline S 12-29-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 4820892)
I think Bonnie originally said 7-9 parts.

According to her intro, she was thinking about 7-8 parts depending on how she divided it up.

Foxflower 12-29-2011 12:18 PM

Tomorrow is part 7 and I'm just getting started! Well, it is helping with my fabric choices to be starting late. Here's my plans so far:

Hers - Mine
Black - blue
Neutrals - neutrals
red - yellows
blue - ?

Any suggestions on what to replace her blue with considering my other choices? I'm leaning toward red even though I have a lot of dark green since red would contrast better. I don't have much in the way of black scraps otherwise I'd do that.

Maria C 12-29-2011 12:35 PM

Wow - what stunning work by everyone. I have just gone through this thread. Fun! I love scrappy quilts and these look brialliant.

echoemb 12-30-2011 04:20 AM

Oh, No I messed up. It appears that I made my blocks 6.5 instead of 5.5 and now I am going to have to cut them down, DANG!!! It's hell getting old and not looking close. Oh, Well, just one extra step for me. I'm excited to get the final step to see how this comes together.

allets 12-30-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 4820898)
wow, awesome!! Congratulations to you and your husband!

Thanks, we had a great day. Now I've rested a day I hope to get started in earnest on Orca Bay! I do have one more interruption. Anyone else doing the Mystery on Planet Patchwork New Years Day? My daughter and I will be doing that one also. Have faithfully done theirs and Bonnie's Mysteries since 2007.

PS And on Bonnie's blog to day she has added this...., "We’ve got part 7 today, and just for a surprise --- I’m releasing part 8, our Conclusion – on NEW YEARS DAY! So you will want to come back on Sunday, Jan 1, 2012 to see how it all comes together!"

bookworm 12-30-2011 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crabs?

An earlier measuring error came back to bite me. EVERY bottom white point was lost. After a long and bitter (ok short and sweet) conversation with myself I decided that since it happened in every one it looks intentional. Besides there are no quilt police here :)

Sorry Bonnie.

Foxflower 12-30-2011 07:42 PM

bookworm, I actually think your version looks MORE like a crab since the "eyes" are actually connected to the body. Does that make you feel better?

sammygirlqt 12-30-2011 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been sewing, pressing little triangles all day and finally got enough of each to do some layouts. I really hated my hour glass blocks in black right from the start and I think it was having to much scrappiness going on...I do need some control. I have just gone through all the picture posts and my goodness there are some beautiful color combinations. I have followed Bonnie's colors except for changing the hour glass blocks to purple and I am very happy with them. Here are a couple of pictures of all my different blocks and I was just fooling around with the layout. Have no idea what the end result will be.

bookworm 12-30-2011 07:54 PM

foxflower- That does make me feel a little better :)

sammygirlqt- I really like how yours looks