Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orca bay mystery picture thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881.html)

Emma S 01-30-2012 09:09 AM

Caroline: I did the same thing with the center of the star. Like you I thought it would calm it down. What is your other color going to be?

Caroline S 01-30-2012 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 4925456)
Caroline: I did the same thing with the center of the star. Like you I thought it would calm it down. What is your other color going to be?

I was thinking about using the same fabric for the neutral blocks, I have made one but I think I will make one with a blue fabric and see which I like best.

pjnesler 01-30-2012 04:16 PM

Wow Candy & Jan - these are both beautiful quilts - your colors are fantastic!

yayaquilts 01-30-2012 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by pjnesler (Post 4926657)
Wow Candy & Jan - these are both beautiful quilts - your colors are fantastic!

I agree! Very pretty quilts!!

I wonder 01-30-2012 07:21 PM

Loved watching each quilt come together! They are all beautiful!

allets 01-30-2012 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by candi (Post 4920598)
Tada!!!! The center of my Orca Bay is finished :) Or is it? I need to make the quilt bigger...like 30'' wider and 20'' longer and I have been playing around my EQ trying to find a pleasing border combination and nothing is jumping out at me. So I am thinking, even though I don't really want to,lol, I am going to make more blocks..unless I can think of a border idea. Right now though I am tired of this quilt and no even sure I like it, so I am going to keep thinking on it while I work on a different project.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]307052[/ATTACH]

Very pretty, I like the colors. Maybe try a narrow white border and then a wider soft green border to make it bigger and give the eyes a place to rest.

Jan in FL 01-31-2012 03:12 AM

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have enjoyed this experience so much largely due to the support and interaction here from all of you. Now going to go rip out that bottom row of yellow so I can re-sew it the right direction!

Lindsey 02-01-2012 06:07 PM

I must say ladies, you all worked so hard on this project and they all turned out great. I however am still working on roll roll cotton bowl.. If I would work on it a little more it might be done.

candi 02-01-2012 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by allets (Post 4927699)
Very pretty, I like the colors. Maybe try a narrow white border and then a wider soft green border to make it bigger and give the eyes a place to rest.

Allets, thanks for the nice words..unfortunately, I still need a lot bigger than any proportionaly pleasing border can do, so I started cutting more strings, more wings and more squares to piece more QSTs, HSTs and flying geese:( wish me luck.

candi 02-01-2012 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lindsey (Post 4933653)
I must say ladies, you all worked so hard on this project and they all turned out great. I however am still working on roll roll cotton bowl.. If I would work on it a little more it might be done.

I guess that is it with Bonnie's quilts: one bite at a time lol ,wish I knew that before I started as I have another one bite at a time applique project going, lol, I am loosing the few marbles I had left :D:D:D all in good fun though, I only wish work would stop getting in the way :D:D:D