Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/our-challenge-block-swap-will-extended-march-15th-2009-update-bebe-1-18-a-t8410.html)

bebe 08-18-2008 06:52 PM

How it works:

1. I will pair you up with members that sign up.

2. Each person that is interested sends me a PM with a wish list (quilt related items) or just say surprise me!!!! Also I need your name adress and phone # and personal email address.

3. You can purchase items from her list up to $20.00 (shipping not included).

4. You need to mail your package to your pal no later that December 3rd.

5. On Saturday December 13th we can open our packages and start posting our pics.

6. If we are purchasing Fat Q’s they need to be from a quilt shop unless otherwise specified. Please pay careful attention to the list if you do not know what a item is let me know and I will PM your pal.

7. Examples: The gifts can be a combination of things such as a 6 ½ inch square ruler and 3 Fat’s Q’s with butterflies. 2 quilting magazines and 3 spools of thread or you can just say surprise me!!!!!

8. I will assign you your pal on November 1st.

9. Deadline to sign up is Tuesday, September 15th.

Your Host,

Bebe

purplemem 08-19-2008 12:49 AM

Bebe.
Thank you for clarifying the Secret Santa.
Please add me to the list.
I would love to be part of this.

Purplemem

Elizabeth A. 08-20-2008 11:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone. I've been back to work on these. And I have pictures!

Let's see here, oh yes, I have the Depression Block for joannl, I worked really hard to collect enough fabrics to make it look scrappy, I hope you like it.

Then of course is Hayes Corner, this little dubie was just that I really struggled with cutting it, for some reason everytime I started to cut it I didn't have enough fabric of the darkest blue, so I would have to recut it in another color, this went out till I gave up and cut it out of a full yard. I hope you like it barbm, just don't look to close or else you might see my frog legs sticking out. (Don't worry they're all in the seam allowances!)

Barbm 08-20-2008 01:48 PM

Elizabeth! It's fantastic! I love it! I can't wait until it comes home.

Barb

Elizabeth A. 08-20-2008 02:23 PM

I'm glad you like it. :D

sandpat 08-20-2008 03:26 PM

Elizabeth, those look great! I only have a few left to do and I've gotten side tracked :oops:

bettlove 08-20-2008 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Buzzards Roost for DAMayer. I think even the colors will come out right. Hope you like it Denise. I did get my shadow in the picture tho.

Buzzards Roost for DA Mayer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16285[/ATTACH]

joannl 08-20-2008 07:05 PM

Elizabeth,
I love it! Can't wait to get to work on my blocks.
Jo

DA Mayer 08-21-2008 06:22 AM

Bettlove that is perfect. I am so excited to get the squares done so I can get a quilt together. I made Elizabeth's wildcat, but it is about 1/8 short after I squared it .
I also have my fabric laid out for the depression block, just need a few more beiges. It will be fun to have enough fabric to do a matching block.
I would take pictures but I have to wait for my batteries to charge.

Elizabeth A. 08-21-2008 07:12 AM

I'm glad you like it joannl, since the pattern makes two the second one is in my pile waiting to become a perinatal quilt that I make for charity, I have great plans for it too. :D