Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/our-challenge-block-swap-will-extended-march-15th-2009-update-bebe-1-18-a-t8410.html)

bettlove 04-13-2009 11:24 AM

Bebe - I'm sure that I am one that got on your nerves and I'm sorry for that, but you must understand that our nerves were getting tweeked also when the rules kept getting changed.

joannl 04-13-2009 04:02 PM

I too wondered about the # of blocks I received but thought I was just mistaken about the number. I made one for Barbm also & would like the block to go to her even if I don't get the one she made for me (sounds like she could use a happy moment. Sometimes life just gets in the way of doing everything we plan on doing.
I love my blocks & am glad I joined the challenge.
Jo

mgrhs 04-13-2009 05:04 PM

no blocks for me yet :(

3incollege 04-13-2009 05:20 PM

I didn't recieve my blocks yet, but, I'm not in any hurry for them. oh ,I'm anxious to see them,however I have so many projects that need to get done first.
I made 2 extra blocks to make up for the dropouts, but that was okay. sometimes events happen in our lives that we have no controll over and happen not to turn out the way they should., but if this is the only disappoint that you are having right now, then I wish I was in your shoes.

Bebe, Thank-you for all your hard work putting this together :D I know that when everyone gets their due blocks and make those blocks come together they will have one specail quilt.
Quilting Hugs Donna

doowopddbop 04-13-2009 07:11 PM

Still no Goshen Stars - they looked great in pictures, can't wait to see them.

DA Mayer 04-14-2009 03:59 AM

I haven't received mine yet, but I have several projects that are keeping me busy. I would like my blocks to go to the people I made them for, even if they couldn't make mine on time. I loved the challenge of making them and I know a deadline is something I really need.

ccbear66 04-15-2009 04:46 PM

Thanks to all of those that held up their end of this swap. I too only recieved back 11 blocks. I have PM'd Barb with my address. Bebe I am sure that if we had been told about the missing blocks before we would not have been upset. This is copied from your original email.

7. If you have signed up for this swap, you are committing to making blocks for others. This is a 6 month commitment. This is not fair to the others who have worked really hard at complying If at the end you make no blocks you will not receive any. I will not extend the deadline we need to keep on track. No exceptions!!!! I do not want anyone disappointed in the end. Please, Please comply!!!!!!

Maybe next time you need to follow your own rules.

I really love the blocks that I recieved and hope that you all liked the ones that I sent.

nellie 04-15-2009 05:25 PM

i don,t think it,s about how many project we have before we recieve our blocks but the recpect for others don,t you agree nothing for me yet eigther but i was commited to swap ,i don,t know how many or any im going to be getting but thank you ladies for those of you who made blocks for me wish i could see them :(

mgrhs 04-17-2009 03:57 PM

I haven't gotten any blocks yet either....bebe were they all sent out last week?

joannl 04-20-2009 06:23 PM

Barb,
I got my block today. Thank you, it is beautiful. Has bebe sent yours?

I'm very happy with all of my blocks.
Thanks everyone!

Jo