Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pass the Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pass-block-t134540.html)

Crafty3790 07-27-2011 04:10 PM

I was hoping for a picture. I heard it's at the photographers house.LOL

JudyG 07-28-2011 10:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, Dotty, here's your second round. (looks like I didn't smooth it out very good - sorry). I am still not sure I like the cornerstones (in the picture they stand out a lot - doesn't seem as much so in person though). My thinking was to bring some of the dark green from the center outward. If you don't like it, I'll be glad to figure something else out.

I had originally planned on doing a very plain row, but when I was looking through my embroidery designs one night I ran across this design and thought it would work on this beautifully.

Let me know what you think about the cornerstones.

rfbrazell 07-28-2011 11:10 AM

WHAT.............that is so gorgeous.......it is unbelieveable.
WOW
Grat great job.
R

Originally Posted by JudyG
Okay, Dotty, here's your second round. (looks like I didn't smooth it out very good - sorry). I am still not sure I like the cornerstones (in the picture they stand out a lot - doesn't seem as much so in person though). My thinking was to bring some of the dark green from the center outward. If you don't like it, I'll be glad to figure something else out.

I had originally planned on doing a very plain row, but when I was looking through my embroidery designs one night I ran across this design and thought it would work on this beautifully.

Let me know what you think about the cornerstones.

dotcomdtcm 07-28-2011 12:23 PM

Looks good to me! Thank you!!

Crafty3790 07-28-2011 01:35 PM

Oh my goodness that is beautiful. I love the flowers.

#1piecemaker 07-28-2011 01:37 PM

Beautiful!!

ljdugas31 07-28-2011 06:01 PM

I just saw my center and i am speechless!!!!!! I just LOVE IT,THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. Robert that is breathtaken,my whole quilt is going to be spectacular.Everyone has put on such a beautiful border,lucky me :) Finally i can be excited!!!!!

abonda 07-28-2011 06:07 PM

I got dropped from this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG what I have missed!!!!!!!!!! I love them all!! Dottie you did a great job on Linda's and Robert I just love what you did to Linda's just beautiful...... Next judy I love what you did to Roberts it really makes the center pop out with the orange just love it..... crafy OMG I just love love what you did to Judy's center the corner stones are great would not change a thing...... And Robert I love what you did with mine I can't tell from the picture but is one side yellow gold and the others tan? or is that the light. The monograms sound very intreging.............. I will be getting Crafty's tomorrow and will post a pic of round one from Linda and then round 2 from me...

I don't know why I got bumped from this site.... uhgggggg!

ljdugas31 07-28-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
I got dropped from this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG what I have missed!!!!!!!!!! I love them all!! Dottie you did a great job on Linda's and Robert I just love what you did to Linda's just beautiful...... Next judy I love what you did to Roberts it really makes the center pop out with the orange just love it..... crafy OMG I just love love what you did to Judy's center the corner stones are great would not change a thing...... And Robert I love what you did with mine I can't tell from the picture but is one side yellow gold and the others tan? or is that the light. The monograms sound very intreging.............. I will be getting Crafty's tomorrow and will post a pic of round one from Linda and then round 2 from me...

Judy did the corner stones on dotty's

rfbrazell 07-28-2011 06:17 PM

Every side the golds tans are oppisite, an each side is a different fabric. It looks really nice in person. I wondered what happened to you....Glad you are back
R

Originally Posted by abonda