Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pass the Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pass-block-t134540.html)

dotcomdtcm 03-17-2012 10:26 AM

You are really something!!
No wonder we love you!

rfbrazell 03-17-2012 11:00 AM

Hey Dotty and Deb,
Just picked up the CAKE....WOW what a cake. We don't know what flavor and we are waiting till dinner tonight with the kids........Then we will know. But it sure and looks spectacular. I will take pics tonight.
Thanks for the Love
Roberto and Caterina....

Crafty3790 03-17-2012 11:13 AM

Happy Anniversary Robert and Cathy hope you are enjoying your special day. I got a kick out of the jib jab you sent.

maine ladybug 03-17-2012 01:08 PM

Happy Anniversary Robert and Cathy!
Do we get to see a picture of your cake? And maybe the blocks you received?

fromzstore 03-17-2012 05:53 PM

happy anniversary i just got home from a week in lancaster at the aqs show had a blast and spent way to much money oh well things like that happens hope everyone is well leave again thursday for a applique retreat in boone NC then i think things will settle down and i can get caught up only have one top to do so far

rfbrazell 03-18-2012 08:59 AM

Wow, that would be a dream come true to go to an applique retreat. LOVE< LOVE< LOVE Applique as many of you know. Take lots of good notes and pics of some fabulous things.
Have a good time.
Roberto

Originally Posted by fromzstore (Post 5068922)
happy anniversary i just got home from a week in lancaster at the aqs show had a blast and spent way to much money oh well things like that happens hope everyone is well leave again thursday for a applique retreat in boone NC then i think things will settle down and i can get caught up only have one top to do so far

rfbrazell 03-18-2012 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, here is a picture of the cake the morning after.......I forgot to take a pic before we cut it. Yes I have red hair now....LOL/ It's my St. Patty's day hat with wig.....The cake was a dark chocolate cake with ganache fudge layering and a swiss buttercream. OMG. We weighed it when we got home and it was 9 lbs 5 oz. YIKES. I only had one piece.....for now......
IT was awesome.
Thank you everyone for all the good wishes and the blocks. Will take pics of the blocks soon and lay them out.
I am waiting for some photo fabric paper so we can add some pictures of us when we were 16 and our wedding.....
Thank you all so much.
Roberto and Cathy

rfbrazell 03-18-2012 09:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
OK Deb,
Here is the small peacock I am making for a friend. Do I mail it to you? Or?
She wants the florals to be the focus and something elegant, so I used the rose watermake satin and the oriental fans around the border.
Let me know if it comes to you or who I should send it to.
The last pic is from this morning. We had a good sunny day yesterday and we awoke to snow on the ground. The bike in the snow is our grandsons bike that he left out overnight and this morning when he picked it up it left this image......
So much for spring.
R

Crafty3790 03-18-2012 12:12 PM

Cake looks yummy. Love the hair it's your color. LOL as to the quilt if Dotty sent home the fairy quilt this is the order please put it in with the top.

Patti,LJ ,ladybug, crafty ,fromzstore ,Sent home.

tslowery 03-18-2012 12:16 PM

Beautiful center...can't wait to see it grow