Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Paths of Life quilt for my MIL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/paths-life-quilt-my-mil-t251212.html)

QUILTNMO 08-02-2014 02:06 PM

very pretty!!!

AllyStitches 08-02-2014 04:09 PM

Thanks everyone! It's on its way to my MIL-- hopefully my FIL remembers to give it to her. ;)

PenniF 08-02-2014 04:32 PM

Great quilt Ally....and great cat to. PS....i don't think you would not have broken any rules by posting it on the virtual quilt weekend....but glad you let us know it was here. I'm sure your MIL will be pleased and comforted by it.

Jeanne S 08-02-2014 05:13 PM

Love your quilt--the pattern is great and you made perfect fabric selections! Also your FMQ is beautiful, I need to try it one of these days.....

twinsister2 08-02-2014 08:13 PM

Made with love and sure. To be appreciated! You are creative and very kind

Moonglow 08-02-2014 09:12 PM

This is a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Nice work.

debbiemarie 08-03-2014 01:01 AM

Love your feathers!

Heather Hayllar 08-03-2014 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by AllyStitches (Post 6828608)
Hi Everyone,

Well, I finally finished the comfort quilt for my mother in law. She was having a tough time a few weeks ago, so I wanted to give her something to help her feel loved. Unfortunately in the process, Baby Cat was hit by a car, (he's ok) and that slowed me down a little-- not to mention that pesky thing called WORK! I swear, I spend most of the time at my desk dreaming about what quilt I'm going to do next.

Anyway, it took me about 3 weeks-- a week longer than I'd hoped, but it's done. It's not my favorite quilt ever-- this is the first quilt I've made in many years and now I remember why I used to do certain things the way I did. It was also the first quilt made on my new-to-me quilting rack, so some parts of it were a little bit of an experiment. There are some ugly spots, but I hope she will like it anyway. Here are some pics. Oh-- I quilted the little squares in what I decided were different paths of life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486003[/ATTACH]

Of course, I took the photos with my iphone, so they're going to be all sideways. Sorry about that. Not sure how to fix it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486004[/ATTACH]

This was the first time I quilted feathers. That was fun, hoping to get better at it. :o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486005[/ATTACH]

The paths of life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486006[/ATTACH]

I usually embroider my labels, but the computer I had the software on is long gone. Need to download it again, but I don't have a computer set up for it yet. This will have to do. Sometimes it's nice to have a record of someone's writing anyway.

So there it is, my first finished quilt in so long... So happy to be back, and to be part of this board. You all are wonderful!!

Ally

Ally, the quilt is very soothing in those colours and I love your Paths of Life quilting too!
You will get into the swing of things again very quickly. Minus kitty being run over!! :)

gabeway 08-03-2014 04:49 AM

Wonderfully done!

joyful1 08-03-2014 04:28 PM

Very nice!