Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Paths of Life quilt for my MIL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/paths-life-quilt-my-mil-t251212.html)

AllyStitches 08-02-2014 09:48 AM

Paths of Life quilt for my MIL

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

Well, I finally finished the comfort quilt for my mother in law. She was having a tough time a few weeks ago, so I wanted to give her something to help her feel loved. Unfortunately in the process, Baby Cat was hit by a car, (he's ok) and that slowed me down a little-- not to mention that pesky thing called WORK! I swear, I spend most of the time at my desk dreaming about what quilt I'm going to do next.

Anyway, it took me about 3 weeks-- a week longer than I'd hoped, but it's done. It's not my favorite quilt ever-- this is the first quilt I've made in many years and now I remember why I used to do certain things the way I did. It was also the first quilt made on my new-to-me quilting rack, so some parts of it were a little bit of an experiment. There are some ugly spots, but I hope she will like it anyway. Here are some pics. Oh-- I quilted the little squares in what I decided were different paths of life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486003[/ATTACH]

Of course, I took the photos with my iphone, so they're going to be all sideways. Sorry about that. Not sure how to fix it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486004[/ATTACH]

This was the first time I quilted feathers. That was fun, hoping to get better at it. :o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486005[/ATTACH]

The paths of life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486006[/ATTACH]

I usually embroider my labels, but the computer I had the software on is long gone. Need to download it again, but I don't have a computer set up for it yet. This will have to do. Sometimes it's nice to have a record of someone's writing anyway.

So there it is, my first finished quilt in so long... So happy to be back, and to be part of this board. You all are wonderful!!

Ally

KwiltyKahy 08-02-2014 09:55 AM

This is lovely, I like the different quilting in the squares. I'm sure she will love it.

BrendaK 08-02-2014 09:58 AM

I also am sure that she will love it, after all it was made and given in the name of love. You are very thoughtful to do this for her. It is a neat quilt. BrendaK

kristakz 08-02-2014 10:17 AM

Beautiful quilt. And your handwriting is gorgeous. I thought it was a printed label at first.

Judith1005 08-02-2014 10:21 AM

Awesome job. Nope, I personally didn't see any uglies. lol :D I really like the colors. And the quilting is really nice. So sorry to here about baby cat. Glad he's going to be okay.:)

AllyStitches 08-02-2014 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, he's doing fine. Irritated that I won't let him out. Can you tell? But that is a very expensive leg he has on his body, so he's just going to have to deal with it. Stinker. Hope my screens survive his recovery. Not looking likely!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486010[/ATTACH]

Diane007 08-02-2014 10:52 AM

it will make a nice gift....

tessagin 08-02-2014 11:11 AM

Really like this quilt. Everything about it.

AllyStitches 08-02-2014 11:12 AM

You are all so sweet. Thank you <3

QuiltnNan 08-02-2014 11:26 AM

very nicely done