Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Phase 2 of my quilt room... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/phase-2-my-quilt-room-t43401.html)

alaskasunshine 04-24-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by marytp
WOW! You have your own material shop!

Yes I do, but there's always more to buy :lol: (if there is a great sale)
:D :-D :-D

alaskasunshine 04-24-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by dlb0526
I am making sure my husband see's this, that is my dream. To be able to just go and pick out what I need instead of going through tote after tote. WHEW!!!

That is absolutely beautiful!!
Happy stitching,
Dee

Yes Dee it is so nice to not have to rumble through stacks too, like I was doing for years!!! This is like a library of fabric. Wish I would have thought about this years ago.Yesterday I needed to pull floral fabric with a stripe, and I looked at my stach and pulled 3 fabrics instantly. That was a first for me. I was like holy moly this is awesome! This is better than a dream! :-D

alaskasunshine 04-24-2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by Feathers
Oh! Wow, LOVE your room and your organization. Looks great and how nice to have everything VISIBLE in such an attractive way. All of my stash is visible except for what's in the bins and I don't allow anyone but family to enter the room as I'm afraid they'd never find their way out! Good job. Your DH did a great job of making the bolt boards, too.

When you said your husband couldn't cut boards for you, my husband said if we lived closer yours would already be cut for you. Just thought you needed to know we care! Sometimes distance sucks! :|

Feathers, Thanks so much for enjoying my project!

Bless your hearts. I would love to live closer to you! Tell your DH I appreciate his willingness to make the bolt boards if we lived closer. How very kind and thoughtful. Still love your room....wow, such a pleasure to see everything you have all neat and tidy.

How's the little one doing? Did you name her?
I hope your day is wonderful!!!

sewsue 04-24-2010 10:52 AM

Wow can you do mine quilt room too and can I shop there please????

poultney 04-24-2010 12:12 PM

Yes, could you post pictures of how you wrap the fabric and what the boards look like before you begin. Do you put slit tabs in them like the ones I have seen for sale? Do you put a pin in the top on the edge of last fold? I am really liking your way of organizing your fabric. I bought plastic tubs, like the ones for under the beds and sorted by color or type, but I am finding the fabric gets messed up inside when I or family sort through it for something. Plus trying to pull out bottom tub from 2 or 3 on top of it is really hard. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful storage for quilting. Sally

sewmuchmore 04-24-2010 02:10 PM

Makes me want to come to your house and go shopping. :lol: I do love it, you did a fantastic job :thumbup:

alaskasunshine 04-24-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by poultney
Yes, could you post pictures of how you wrap the fabric and what the boards look like before you begin. Do you put slit tabs in them like the ones I have seen for sale? Do you put a pin in the top on the edge of last fold? I am really liking your way of organizing your fabric. I bought plastic tubs, like the ones for under the beds and sorted by color or type, but I am finding the fabric gets messed up inside when I or family sort through it for something. Plus trying to pull out bottom tub from 2 or 3 on top of it is really hard. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful storage for quilting. Sally

Did you by any chance see my before pix in "quilt room in progress"? It was so difficult to find anything! Now it is wonderful! Sometime tomorrow I hope to get pix on the board for you all. Thanks so much for enjoying my efforts.

I did not cut slits in the plastic, nor did I use pins to start wrapping the fabric on the boards. I just held the fabric tightly to the boarda dnhad the rest of the fabric draped to the left and layed the bulk of the fabric on a chair to hold the weight. Then I folded as carfully as possible and fastened it all with either a straight pin (with a ball on the end) or a "bolt buddy". You can find them on "Ploar Notions" A LQS sold me several hundred and I used the pins when I ran out of the Bolt Buddies". My husband cut the sheets on his table saw and I held the weight to the left of the blade. It went smoothly and I love the little bolt cards! :D :D :D :D

sylvia77 04-24-2010 02:37 PM

It's a great feeling isn't it? I love it when I have everything organized (which is seldom) and my stash just so.

Feathers 04-24-2010 02:50 PM

hI

Feathers 04-24-2010 02:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi AlaskaSunshine:
Our little one didn't make it. We got up for the 4AM feeding on Wed. and she was gone. Just too little, to premature. She just wasn't ready for this big world. Today we got 4 more! They are so darned cute. We'll only foster for about 3 weeks then they'll be off to forever homes. It looks like my bathroom is a mess...it is. These 4 little terrors really know how to pitch the sand out of the sandbox that we have in the bathroom. :lol:

New FosterBabies-2 Black/White2 Calicos
[ATTACH=CONFIG]975[/ATTACH]