Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Phase 2 of my quilt room... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/phase-2-my-quilt-room-t43401.html)

Ma for Aadyn 04-23-2010 08:45 AM

DID YOU JUST USE A BOOKSHELVES FOR YOIUR MATERIAL?

billyev 04-23-2010 09:18 AM

Gosh, that is positively gorgeous! I'm jealous. Green with envy. OMG.

Lucky Lindy 04-23-2010 09:31 AM

Beautiful!

alaskasunshine 04-23-2010 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ma for Aadyn
DID YOU JUST USE A BOOKSHELVES FOR YOIUR MATERIAL?

I am always looking in Craig's list for stuff for my quilt room. I use an entertainment center for fabric & my featherweights. The space for my large bolts (the kind from Jo Anns and LQS. They fit perfectly where a TV would normally go. The book shelves were originally in the "office" closet. My husband carefully took them out and brought the whole thing up 14 stairs and bolted it to the wall...in case of earth quakes I didn't want to be smothered by my fabrics ;) All of the shelves are fully adjustable. It is a wonderful shelf with tons of room. The narrow shelf on the right is also from Craig's list and is also adjusable with cute little baskets. The baskets have fabric also in them. That is not yet organized :? I also got a gorgeous hutch (pictured) from C.L. and it also needs organized. It is solid oak and I love it, and it is lighted, with a mirror also.

In the first set of pictures on a different thread "quilt foom in progress" The hutch in my dormer is sort of yellowish and so sweet (it was so gross when I got it I needed to scrub it like crazy...ick I wore gloves :? But it is so cute and fits perfectly where the window is. The blind is closed always so my fabric doesn't fade :thumbup: My usband used to say my room looked like a junk shop...now he loves it since my fabric is on the shelves so pretty. :-D
Does this help? I hope so. I paid $75.00 for each hutch & $150.00 for the huge entertainment center. it is also lighted. This was affordable for us and I love it!

Ma for Aadyn 04-23-2010 12:07 PM

thanks for all the info I will try Craig's list

Feathers 04-23-2010 02:19 PM

Oh! Wow, LOVE your room and your organization. Looks great and how nice to have everything VISIBLE in such an attractive way. All of my stash is visible except for what's in the bins and I don't allow anyone but family to enter the room as I'm afraid they'd never find their way out! Good job. Your DH did a great job of making the bolt boards, too.

sewNso 04-23-2010 03:51 PM

my husband was peeking over my shoulder, and said 'wow, look how neat their sewing rooms are'. and, now, i know, i really don't have 'that' much material after all................

Happy Tails 04-23-2010 04:03 PM

here's a stupid question......do you fold your fabric in half before you wrap it around the board?? Looks awesome!!!

galvestonangel 04-23-2010 04:47 PM

WOW! It is so neat and orderly and I love your collection of machines. Maybe that will inspire me. I liked your DIY with the sign material, I might try that, it certainly tames the fabric. Thanks for posting the pictures.

lindalou 04-23-2010 05:34 PM

Wow! It looks like a quilt store - would love to have all your fabric and room to store it!! LindaLou