Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Photos of the completed Bargello are on page 5 Who else is making Swish Bargello from Danmar's pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/photos-completed-bargello-page-5-who-else-making-swish-bargello-danmars-pattern-t56549.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 07-27-2010 05:42 PM

Wow, that's really nice!!!!!! :D

danmar 07-27-2010 05:44 PM

Oh Dorothy! It is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the pictures! I am so happy that you were able to make it from my pattern. I had never made a Bargello pattern before. I can't wait to see it completed either! I'm so happy for you!
Marilyn

dsb38327 07-27-2010 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
wowee!! Great job so far!! Maybe we should call these 'Baby Swish' LOL I crack myself up!! :) :) I love the colors you chose, I cannot wait to see the whole thing. How were the instructions, would they be easy to do for a bargello noob?

Rachel

When I got the pattern I scared myself to death. I said no way can I ever do this! I procrastinated for about 2 weeks, convincing myself it would be impossible for me to do. I couldn't stay away from it. I couldn't sleep at night for wanting to do it. Finally I took the pattern and said "Don't look beyond the first step, just do what it says before you look further".
So I chose my fabrics. Looked further and cut my 2 1/2" strips. Put them on the design wall and rearranged them about 105 times. (I am not good with colors so I couldn't tell where my colors were going to fall in the quilt. I put the picture of Swish on my light box and traced a line around the sections. Then I knew where my colors were going to fall). I kept doing the pattern just one small section at a time and it worked well for me. Yes, a person needs to know the basics of quilting and have a sense of the theory of the Bargello. A beginner could make this quilt by taking just one step of the Swish pattern at a time, doing it and then going to the next step. It takes concentration and rechecking each step after you have done it.
It is awesome!

dsb38327 07-27-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
Oh Dorothy! It is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the pictures! I am so happy that you were able to make it from my pattern. I had never made a Bargello pattern before. I can't wait to see it completed either! I'm so happy for you!
Marilyn

Thank-you. What are we going to name it?

Cheriefaye2008 07-27-2010 06:02 PM

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! I want one in purples!

sewgirls 07-27-2010 06:31 PM

i love this quilt im trying to find the pattern but i cant

tolepainter54 07-27-2010 06:43 PM

Absolutely Beautiful!

indycatcarol 07-27-2010 06:50 PM

Wow! That is beautiful. Love the movement.

katmom54 07-27-2010 06:58 PM

it's on my list..I got impatient waiting for her pattern (she was quick, but I was excited about the twisted bargellos and couldn't wait) so I started one on my own. Her Swish is still one of my favs and will be next in line. Yours is beautiful too - a good representation of her design!

wvdek 07-27-2010 07:06 PM

Holy cow, will you look at the movement in that? I feel like I am riding a wave. Cool.