Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   PHOTOS - IRR II Group 7 "Design Divas" Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/photos-irr-ii-group-7-%22design-divas%22-pictures-t26633.html)

sew cornie 11-24-2009 07:16 PM

Thanks Sandpat! :wink:

gaigai 11-25-2009 12:37 AM

But remember, this is for United States packages only. Any going to a different country, including Canada, do not insure. The person who it is sent to will have to pay a tax based on the insured amount to receive the package, somewhere around 12-16%. And it seems to take significantly longer to clear Customs.

Iluv2quilt 11-25-2009 03:04 AM

Thank you - $100 it is. Are we only sending a postcard/pic or including a fat quarter too? I read in another thread they are sending a fat quarter and a postcard. When it gets back to the original maker they have a present to go along with their quilt, or does that get more expensive to ship and harder to keep track of?

sandpat 11-25-2009 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
But remember, this is for United States packages only. Any going to a different country, including Canada, do not insure. The person who it is sent to will have to pay a tax based on the insured amount to receive the package, somewhere around 12-16%. And it seems to take significantly longer to clear Customs.

You are sooo right Gai...thanks for pointing that out. Based on the time it is taking to get to some of the countries...we are recommending that you DO ship it Priority...but don't insure it! And make sure you check with who you are sending to about the $amount to put in the "value" box on the customs form..(typically $20-$25) and make sure you mark it GIFT!

sew cornie 11-25-2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
Thank you - $100 it is. Are we only sending a postcard/pic or including a fat quarter too? I read in another thread they are sending a fat quarter and a postcard. When it gets back to the original maker they have a present to go along with their quilt, or does that get more expensive to ship and harder to keep track of?

We'd only agreed upon a postcard/pic. I know some other groups are adding FQ's also. I'm fine with either. It will add to shipping a bit, but shouldn't be tremendous. What would you all like to do?

b.zang 11-25-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt

If we decide to send a FQ as well, I will have to send it separately. I mailed Tisha's square along yesterday.

sew cornie 11-25-2009 09:41 PM

I forgot you'd already sent Tisha's on. Thanks for the reminder. It does seem like it may be a bit late to run out to get a FQ before Tuesday.

sew cornie 11-30-2009 06:22 PM

Tomorrow is the mailing day! A few reminders:

Please let me know when you've sent and received.

According to the rules, this round is still open for turning the center on point and adding corner triangles rather than an all-around border, if you so choose.

Don't forget to add in a postcard or picture to travel the rest of the journey with the center.

I look forward to hearing from all of you soon!

Jen

Celeste 11-30-2009 06:40 PM

These sure are beautiful!!!!

Iluv2quilt 12-06-2009 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Tomorrow is the mailing day! A few reminders:

Please let me know when you've sent and received.

According to the rules, this round is still open for turning the center on point and adding corner triangles rather than an all-around border, if you so choose.

Don't forget to add in a postcard or picture to travel the rest of the journey with the center.

I look forward to hearing from all of you soon!

Jen

Hi Jen,

I received the center you sent yesterday. Now for the dumb question, I don't understand what you meant by turning the center on point and adding corner triangles. Can you please describe how this is done? I feel soooo stupid for asking, but this one may look beautiful on point. I just want to try it to see.

Thank you