Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Please Help Me with Design Decision (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/please-help-me-design-decision-t21078.html)

kluedesigns 06-08-2009 02:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
as some of you many know, this is a breast cancer quilt for a customer to give to her mother, who has made it 10 years cancer free.

i've made the continuous prairie points and i had every intention of press them to the outside when the quilt was done.

now that its hanging on the board i kinda like how it looks with them pointing in instead of pointing out.

the only reason we have to make a firm decision now is one side of the points look better than the other.

how i sew the good side to the quilt depends on if they will face in or out.

so which way do you guys like it?

i tried to get the bottom row mostly pointing out for comparison.

the binding fabric is going to be the solid purple that i used for the background fabric.

the quilting is just a swirly pattern done in solid purple to match the background fabric.

i won't be putting on any other borders because they have a size issue for the place they wish to hang it on the wall. i just can't expand this quilt any further.

thank you for all comments.

kwhite 06-08-2009 02:38 PM

I thought I would like them out but I like them in. Like they are pointing to the main focus of the quilt.

Kyiav10 06-08-2009 02:40 PM

Wow! That is a beautiful quilt. I like them both ways. I think they lood different facing in and I like different so I think I would do this. I guess my only concern would be...since you mentioned that this is going to be a hanging quilt either way you do it One side is going to hang down or can you make them stay where you want them.

KYia

mgshaw 06-08-2009 02:42 PM

I like them pointing in! Looks cool that way! Can you make a little bit wider binding than normal, it would give the effect of a narrow border.

bearpaw 06-08-2009 02:43 PM

I'm liking them pointing in.

Debbie1 06-08-2009 02:46 PM

They look cool pointed in! Great job!

gaigai 06-08-2009 02:46 PM

Wow, this is a toughie. I agree, I like them both ways, but I think I like them best in. That way the points accentuate the quilt center, and you can use the binding to accentuate both. It's a beautiful quilt!

kluedesigns 06-08-2009 02:46 PM

i could tack them down with invisible thread (by hand) so they don't hang down across the bottom.

i do have enough fabric to make a larger type binding.

Shemjo 06-08-2009 02:47 PM

How beautiful! I like them pointing in! Makes a statement, Look at ME! :lol:

quilter1962 06-08-2009 02:49 PM

Klue

When you said which way in or out I thought to myself - out of course LOL.

So here I am eating my words so to speak - I really do prefer them pointing inwards, I think it gives the quilt a little bit of originality.

Go on Klue - sew them inwards - you know you want to :wink:

Tisha

BTW Love the quilt - is this going to be a surprise for your customers Mother?