Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Please Help Me with Design Decision (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/please-help-me-design-decision-t21078.html)

gaigai 06-08-2009 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i could tack them down with invisible thread (by hand) so they don't hang down across the bottom.

i do have enough fabric to make a larger type binding.

Usually the double points are so stiff that they shouldn't "droop", but if you decide to tack them, either tack both ends or put a hanging tube across the top, 'cause you just KNOW that they're gonna turn it every which way but up! LOL

BlueChicken 06-08-2009 02:54 PM

That's a gorgeous quilt, and I vote for "IN" too. Reading the words I couldn't imagine them looking right any other way but out, but they look so perfect pointing in. They do send the focus to the circle in the centre.

kluedesigns 06-08-2009 02:56 PM

yes, its a complete surprise.

her mother is familiar with my work thru pics and always liked my more contemporary quilts.

the daughter and i worked very closely to make something that would combined all of these elements (modern design, breast cancer, new dawn on life, and her favorite color purple)

the very lightest pink fabric is the only outward sign that its a breast cancer quilt because its pale pink with pink breast cancer ribbons.

the mothers birthday is in 2 weeks and i'll be shipping this quilt to them by the end of the week - they both live in Minnesota.

kluedesigns 06-08-2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i could tack them down with invisible thread (by hand) so they don't hang down across the bottom.

i do have enough fabric to make a larger type binding.

Usually the double points are so stiff that they shouldn't "droop", but if you decide to tack them, either tack both ends or put a hanging tube across the top, 'cause you just KNOW that they're gonna turn it every which way but up! LOL

LMAO

thats so true!

sewsewquilter 06-08-2009 03:06 PM

It's lovely. I agree with the points in. They really frame the quilt well. Making the binding a little wider is a good idea too!

sewjoyce 06-08-2009 03:27 PM

I really think I like them going in better -- which really surprised me!! Never saw points go any other way but out :roll:

amma 06-08-2009 03:36 PM

First I have to say I really like the quilt :D :D :D I like the points in also, that way they flow with the contemporary quilt design.

MadQuilter 06-08-2009 04:23 PM

In is unexpected and unconventional. It is less traditional - I like it. (Out would be pretty too) With them in, you have circle, and triangle contained in the square.

Nursesews 06-08-2009 05:16 PM

Just lovely, I like them out, gives another dimension. JMHO

littlehud 06-08-2009 05:32 PM

I really like your quilt. Having the points in is great. Love the look.