Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Please help save this from an UFO box (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/please-help-save-ufo-box-t39244.html)

Quilter2B 03-11-2010 11:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I recently spent time organizing my cotton stash and found lots of smaller pieces I didn't know what to do with so I decided to do a 'round the world scrappy. I've never done a scrappy before and I'm not very happy with it. My husband's says it's ugly, nothing matches and not at all like ones I've finished before. I told him it wasn't supposed to match. I didn't like it as it hung on my design wall so I took it down and put it on the bed to play around with matching the blocks. The first picture is as one diamond. The second is multi-diamonds. Believe me the pictures look better than the actual quilt. Please, please, please, any suggestions on how to revive this and keep it from a UFO box? I've already got over 20 hours into this. I joked with my husband that maybe I'd finish it and give it to my son for his birthday - he's a of a scrappy kinda guy.

'Round the World One
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5371[/ATTACH]

'Round the World Multi
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5372[/ATTACH]

vjengels 03-11-2010 11:42 AM

I think they're both gReat! but, I love a scrap quilt, the scrappier the better, go with either one, add a nice neutral border, tie it, and either keep it for yourself, if you can't exactly look at it, use it in a duvet, that's what I did with my last 'ugly' quilt; give it to your son if you can give it away. I think you did a great job!

redpurselady 03-11-2010 11:49 AM

I love your second version with the multiple diamonds. Add a small dark inner border and then a larger outside border in a contrasting color. Some quilts which you think are ugly really surprise you after they are quilted. If you really don't like it after that - donate it to some worthy cause, but in my opinion, all quilts are lovely.

JenniePenny 03-11-2010 11:49 AM

I like scrap quilts, and I think your design #2 is a good option. I think a wide navy or black border will give it some masculine appeal.

NorBanaquilts 03-11-2010 11:58 AM

I really like design #2, scrappy quilts are great!

Quilter7x 03-11-2010 11:58 AM

I like the second one also. Do you look at the fabrics and recall what project you used each of them in? If yes, it can become sort of a memory quilt.

karielt 03-11-2010 12:04 PM

The second one and its a great camping quilt or extra blanket.

Candace 03-11-2010 12:08 PM

What I'm doing with my latest, not in love quilt is putting it in the car. I figure it might come in handy there, sometime. Even if I just use it to throw over purchases in the back to deter break-ins etc. We don't go to the snow often, but it would be nice then, too. Maybe a car quilt for you too?

pocoellie 03-11-2010 12:17 PM

I like it, maybe sandwich it and quilt it and you may change your mind. It could be that you're just not a "scrappy" person. LOL

reneebobby 03-11-2010 12:23 PM

#2 I like the best