Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Practice for Affairs of the Heart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/practice-affairs-heart-t115554.html)

dixiechunk 04-12-2011 01:36 PM

I use an overlay for dark or black fabric. Vinyl from Jo Ann's or Hancocks, thin interfacing, or even those clear plastic transfers
from Staples (transparencies) will work.

jenny Line 04-12-2011 02:35 PM

Cute! :)

kacy 49 04-12-2011 02:48 PM

Looks like you are doing really good. I love your blocks and the colors you are using. Cute little squirels. Keep up the great work.

pab58 04-12-2011 02:49 PM

Great job!!!! I love the blocks, too!!! :thumbup:

debcavan 04-12-2011 02:50 PM

They look wonderful

Nettie Phillips 04-12-2011 06:21 PM

Cute.

lisamortell 04-14-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by GirlieWhirlie
These are great. I started one on Sunday. Are you using the same fabric as the ones on the blog? Love them.

Yes I am using the fabric she selected I have made a few substitutions. I love the fabric so much the purple and burgundy are so great together and I知 not sure I would have thought to do that on my own. I知 still new to quilting and I知 learning a lot on this project. Maybe we should start a place to post Henrietta Whiskers blocks. I finished the forth one last night and started on my first AOTH block. I have to wait 3 hours tonight while my daughter takes a class down town so maybe I can post my first block tomorrow.

dhanke 04-16-2011 10:17 AM

Your applique looks great, thanks for posting the pictures. I've been looking for a hand project for TV time, I went to Bunny Hill and printed the bom blocks, thanks again!

mamaw 04-16-2011 12:21 PM

Very cute! I couldn't decide if I wanted to attempt it or not; so am saving the blocks for future possibilities. Your applique work is nice.

GirlieWhirlie 04-16-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by lisamortell

Originally Posted by GirlieWhirlie
These are great. I started one on Sunday. Are you using the same fabric as the ones on the blog? Love them.

Yes I am using the fabric she selected I have made a few substitutions. I love the fabric so much the purple and burgundy are so great together and I知 not sure I would have thought to do that on my own. I知 still new to quilting and I知 learning a lot on this project. Maybe we should start a place to post Henrietta Whiskers blocks. I finished the forth one last night and started on my first AOTH block. I have to wait 3 hours tonight while my daughter takes a class down town so maybe I can post my first block tomorrow.

I just came up from my sewing room for a break from working on this quilt. I didn't use any of the fabric that it called for...just what I had...well maybe I did go and buy a "few" fabrics. I'm liking the way it is turning out. When I'm further along I will post the blocks. I'm getting excited about this quilt.